What is an Architect’s job?
Architects draft the blueprints of building designs and the layout of the space within the buildings.
An architect is responsible for overseeing the construction of buildings from the starting point of their conceptualization to its completion and handing over of the possession rights.
Architects also work on the interior design of structures to create an ambiance that is appealing to the beholder.
Most architects have specific areas of specialization and concentrate on projects of their field of specialization. The domain of specializations of architecture includes residential structures, landscape gardening, commercial structures, industrial structures, etc.
What does an Architect do?
Architects are creative and innovative minds who produce unique sketches of blueprints of the structures they intend to construct.
Architects generally operate from their offices, but also have to visit the construction sites for site supervision.
Architects collaborate with various professionals like structural engineers and the governing bodies of the municipal corporation in charge of city development to ensure smooth completion of the project in compliance with all legal requirements.
The analytical ability and solution-oriented approach of the Architect lays the foundations of the structure taking into consideration minuscule details that mitigate risks and strengthen the structure.
Architect job duties include:
Architects bring to life innovative structures by piecing together the mathematical, legal, technical aspects of the blueprint, thus, actualizing dreams and visions in compliance with functionality, structural appeal, safety assurance, and material quality.
The creative ability and technical responsibilities of an architect are critical to the strength and visual appeal of the structures they build.
- Coordinate with the client to evaluate and understand their requirements and convert their needs into a stunning reality that stands tall and speaks volumes of its creator.
- In collaboration with structural engineers, municipal corporations, governing bodies of city development create prototypes that comply with legal and technical regulations.
- Lead brainstorming sessions with clients and team members to formulate and rarefy concepts to visualize and present sui generis concepts that will go down into history as masterpieces
- Draft prototypes, both rough and final, and outline and finalize blueprints using a combination of software and techniques, that include both traditional tools of draughtsmanship and the latest computer-aided technology to create state-of-art infrastructures
- Assess and evaluate the blueprints, and present them to governing bodies of development for their approval
- Contributing to the advertisement campaigns with specifications of the layout of the structure for preparation of catalogs and brochures
Job brief for an Architect:
Architects blend creativity with technical and legal expertise to bring to life architectural masterpieces.
The industry demands in-depth expertise in technicalities, mathematical calculations, legal formalities, and up-to-date knowledge of the latest developments in the industry.
- Developing schematic designs customized to client and plot requirements
- Creation of 3D models of infrastructure to present a near reality glimpse of the structure
- Supervising construction in regular frequency to ensure that the blueprint of development is stringently followed
- Drafting of the layouts of interiors of the structure that includes plumbing, electrical fittings, and heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning systems
- Conducting tests that determine economic viability and feasibility
Responsibilities of an Architect:
- Bidding for infrastructure projects through in-depth analysis of project requirements and presentation of innovative concepts using computer-aided software and 3D models
- Overseeing projects from start to finish through frequent supervisions to ensure high standards of quality and implementation of functional, safety, and innovative aspects of the design
- Preparation and presentation of feasibility reports to customers
- Developing architectural designs that comply with clients’ needs, functional utility, and environmental impact.
- Preparation of work contracts for delegating construction work to sub-contractors
- Leading staff in preparation of blueprints, feasibility reports, and 3D models, both physical and computer-aided
- Evaluating infrastructure for financial institutions to estimate accurate contingency values to facilitate the provision of advances against mortgages
Requirements for an Architect job:
An Architect brings to life blueprints of infrastructure through minuscule detailing of mathematical and technical calculations and analyses.
- A degree or masters in Architecture with specialization in the field of work
- Ingeniousness for creating innovative and functional masterpieces
- Certification in stipulated requirements from concerned organizations
- License to practice
- Expertise and mastery of architectural tools, universal, traditional, and advanced state-of-art technology
- The expertise of regulatory norms and legal bindings
- The expertise of green building and their norms
- The expertise of data analytics that assists in decision-making regarding accessibility and sustainability
- Expertise in geometry, calculus, trigonometry, and other mathematical calculations that critical for formulating blueprints
Average Salary for an Architect (City Based Tables):
The median salary for an Indian Architect is Rs. 346k per annum. Salary estimates are calculated of thousands of employees, anonymously submitted by Architects.
Following are the estimated salaries for Architectsbased on their years of experience.
|Sr. No.||Experience in years||Annual in INR|
|National Average||Mumbai Average||Chennai Average||Bangalore Average||Delhi Average|
|2||1 to 4||294k||295k||257k||325k||310k|
|3||5 to 9||620k||628k||500k||678k||679k|
|4||10 to 19||1m||1m||1m||1m||1m|
A * indicates that data is not disclosed and is not available for these segments.
Architect Job Key Skills:
- Talent for collaboration
- Ability to gel and connect with people through exemplary communication skills
- An eye for detailing using mathematical and scientific calculations
- Expertise in budgetary control
- The technical expertise of chalking out marketing merchandise
- Synergic interpersonal skills
Why pursue a career as an Architect?
Architecture is a highly gratifying career, both in terms of financial incentives and creative satisfaction.
Architecture is a stimulus for intellectuals with creative ability and a preference for working out their innovations from the serenity of their offices.
It is rewarding for the ones who like challenging their creative ability by raising the bar of their benchmarks.
It is a fulfilling position for those who are keen on seeing a project through from concept to perfect fulfillment.
How to become an Architect?
Architects plan, design and execute avant-garde residential, commercial, institutional, and industrial infrastructure projects.
The base requirement for desirous candidates is a bachelor’s or master’s degree in architecture.
An internship during professional education lays the foundation for practical knowledge of architecture.
A license from the regulator body is a mandatory stipulation forarchitects to starting to practice.
Certifications from the relevant organizations are stipulated requirements for professional advantage.
Experience with an architectural firm is critical to progress as it involves practical experience in the field of architecture.
Architects employ several mathematical skills like calculus, trigonometry, and geometry, and scientific knowledge while drafting blueprints, hence, mastery of mathematical and scientific calculations is necessary along with knowledge of draughtsmanship involving traditional methods and cutting-edge computer-aided technology.
Expert knowledge of regulatory norms and law of the land is necessary while practicing for architects.
Architects are experts of collaborations and hence, the expertise of interpersonal and communication skills are requisites for the profession. Architecture involves calculations to the minuscule and hence an eye for detailing and precision are basic requirements along with the tenacity to persevere.