If technology is your passion and you aspire to work in the best technology company, then Mphasis could be in your list of companies to work for.
Mphasis is one of the leading IT services company headquartered in Bengaluru. Interview at Mphasis checks your personality and knowledge through a systematic hiring process. In this article, you’ll find information about Mphasis interview questions, hiring process for college graduates and experienced job seekers and various traits Mphasis looks for in new hires.
To begin with, here are the characteristics a job seeker looking to join Mphasis should have:
- Passion for technology: The candidate is checked on the parameter of his/her passion for the field. The interviewer observes the candidate’s likeliness for the profession.
- Problem-solving skills: The interviewer wants the candidate to be an excellent problem solver, as in digital world there can be new problems every day for business.
- Thrust to learn: The candidates are also judged on the parameter of attitude to learn.
- Listening skills: As the job requires an amazing thinker, the person should be a great listener for the job.
These are the traits that interviewers at Mphasis look for in a candidate.
Now let us look at the interview rounds that the candidates will have to clear to get into Mphasis.
Do you know how to answer: Tell me about yourself? Read it here
If the candidate applies through campus recruitment, the rounds that they need to clear may include:
AMCAT test: Comprising four sections i.e., verbal-non-verbal ability, logical reasoning, quantitative aptitude, C programming MCQ’s. The evaluation of this is based on sectional cut-offs.
SWAR test: This comes as a package with AMCAT test and is done in the second round. This is the test for voice check, and it has six rounds. It is a 20-25 minute test where the candidate is given a sheet with details and they must follow it all through the test.
Tech round: In tech round the candidate is asked questions that are domain related and these questions are of moderate level.
Sample interview questions you may be asked in the tech round:
- Mention the 7 layers of networks (questions depend on the projects you may have done).
- How the data is going to transmit along the 7 layers.
- Difference between abstract class and interface.
- Tell me something about abstract class.
- Why we use interface in Java?
- What is multiple inheritance?
- Write a program for Fibonacci?
- Write a program to print sum of digits.
- Write a program to print the pattern.
HR round: This is the round where human intelligence is used for evaluation. The HR takes the round and asks basic personal and tech related questions, such as:
- Tell me about yourself.
- Can you tell me something about Mphasis?
- Do you know on which domains Mphasis is working on?
- Are you ready to relocate anywhere in India?
- Are you flexible for any shifts?
- What are your salary expectations?
Not sure how to answer this question about salary expectation? Read this: How to answer: What is your salary expectation?
If you are already working in the industry and looking to join Mphasis, the company has a slightly different hiring process for experienced job seekers when compared to fresh college graduates. You may have to face the following rounds, which may vary, depending on your experience level and role you are being hired for.
- Telephonic Assessment
- Technical Assessment
- HR Assessment
Telephonic assessment: Telephonic assessment is the preliminary round and evaluates the candidate on confidence and voice.
Sample questions you may be asked for telephonic assessment:
- Tell me something about yourself.
- Where are you working and why are you leaving your job?
- What interests you about Mphasis?
- What has been your major contribution till date to any organisation you have worked for?
Preliminary technical round: The questions asked in this round are moderate but domain related. The interviewer is the person who has complete domain knowledge and asks questions diligently.
The sample Mphasis interview questions for software developer profile are as follows:
- What is the job of the Network Layer under the OSI reference model?
- What are proxy servers and how do they protect computer networks?
- How many layers are there under TCP/IP?
- Briefly describe NAT.
- What is the importance of implementing a Fault Tolerance System? Are there limitations?
Advanced technical round: The questions you may be asked in this round are usually tougher than the preliminary round. This round checks the passion for technology and your knowledge management skills.
Sample Mphasis interview questions for advanced technical round:
- Describe star topology.
- What is the disadvantage of a star topology?
- What are the functions of a network administrator?
- What protocol can be applied when you want to transfer files between different platforms, such as between UNIX systems and Windows servers?
- One way of securing a network is using passwords. What can be considered as good passwords?
HR round: This is the last round and the candidate is asked general interview questions to check his or her fitment and attitude.
Sample questions you may asked in HR Round at Mphasis:
- Why do you want to join Mphasis?
- Where do you see yourself in the next five years?
- Why should we hire you?
These are the Mphasis interview questions and rounds to help you succeed in an Mphasis interview. If there’s one thing that you can do to better your chances of getting a job at Mphasis, it is to prepare well for the common interview questions. Brush up your knowledge about the company, find more about the position you are being considered for and be yourself at the interview.
You may also like:
- Top Amazon Interview Tips will Help You Land the Job of Your Dreams
- Seeking Opportunities with Flipkart? Read these Interview Questions for Great Insights
- Top HDFC Bank Interview Questions that You may be Asked in Your Interview