If you are on the hunt for an opportunity with Amdocs, you’re at the right place. As one of the largest and most well-known multinationals in the world, Amdocs is a dream employer for many aspirants. It is essential to be well-versed with the company’s hiring system and style of interview questions in order to get a job with Amdocs.
In this article, we cover a mixture of Amdocs interview questions that have been previously asked to candidates across various roles and experience levels, including both technical and non-technical questions.
Go through them and prepare for your most suitable answers so as to enhance your preparation as well as confidence before you appear for your Amdocs interview.
Amdocs Technical Interview Questions
- Explain SQL joins with example.
- What is multiple inheritance? Explain OOPs concepts.
- What is marker interface?
- How do you find duplicate record in a table?
- How to find maximum salary from a file in UNIX, where the file contains emp names and their salaries.
- Why do we write server-side programs? What is its main purpose?
- What are the disadvantages of using threads?
- What is the difference between overloading and overriding?
- It is essential to catch all types of exceptions?
- Have you applied to any other areas apart from banking?
- What is encapsulation? Explain with an example.
- What is the difference between abstraction and encapsulation?
- In C++, when do you use a pointer or reference?
- What is the difference between parameter and select-option?
- How do you convert decimal to octal and hexadecimal?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of external storage class?
- Write a graph class and interface for the graph in C++.
- How do you install multiple central instances on the same physical machine?
- What is inline function? State its advantages.
- Explain process state diagram. Explain degree of multiprogramming.
- Tell me about fragmentation. How can external fragmentation be prevented?
- Differentiate between entry control loop and exit control loop.
- What is an abstract class?
- What is pure virtual function? Why do we need it?
- What makes a DBMS an RDBMS?
- What is binary search tree?
- What is garbage collector in Java and in C++?
- Differentiate between calloc, malloc and realloc. Why are they used?
- Explain new and delete operator in C++.
- Explain memory leak.
- What is polymorphism? Explain its types.
- Differentiate between #include and #include “stdio.h”.
- Explain stored procedure and triggers in SQL, and the difference between the two.
- How is Python better than any other language? What are the major advantages of it?
- Explain your ongoing project. What is normal distribution?
- Write code for the insertion of a node into a circularly linked list.
- What is Tower of Hanoi and how do you solve it?
- If, in a team of 10, six employees do not work what will you do at your level?
Fresher Amdocs Technical Interview Questions
- What is FIFO?
- What are the different file types available with UNIX?
- What is the command to find today’s date?
- Explain the method of changing file access permission?
- What is the command to find maximum memory taking process on the server?
- How to kill a process in UNIX?
- What is the UNIX command to make a new directory?
- What is the method to see command line history?
- What is the purpose of ‘echo’ command?
- Describe the concept ‘region’?
- What is a destructor? Can it be overloaded?
- What is a friend function?
- What is a copy constructor?
- What is the scope resolution operator?
- What is a namespace?
- What is keyword auto for?
- What is a static variable?
- What is the maximum length of an identifier?
Amdocs Non-Technical Interview Questions
Besides technical interview questions, you may be asked various non-technical or HR questions. Some of these questions are given below.
- Are you willing to relocate or travel?
- Why do you want to be a software engineer? What drives you?
- Why do you want to join Amdocs?
- Convince me to hire you.
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- What are your future plans?
- Tell me something about yourself.
- Why do you think we should take you for this job?
- Why do you want to leave your present job or why did you leave your last job?
- What is your greatest achievement?
- Are you ambitious?
- Are you seeking other companies? Or, how is your job search going on?
- What was your biggest mistake?
- Why haven’t you got a job yet?
- Where do you see yourself five years from now?
- What do you feel about doing repetitive work?
How to find Yourself a Suitable Opportunity with Amdocs?
There are a number of fields for aspirants of Amdocs, such as corporate functions, business, sales, account management, IT operations, project management and product management, and R & D engineering. There are also options to work from home, as well as opportunities for fresh graduates.
Since you are on the lookout for a job with Amdocs, it is advised for you to join online job portals and professional networking sites. These are great sources to connect with the latest available jobs and with professionals from the industry for possible referrals.
You could also put a word to close friends and family who either work with Amdocs or know someone who does. Employee referrals are very efficient sources for an opportunity these days.
Lastly, keep a regular check on the career section of Amdocs’ official website, for an opportunity that suits you.
With the right preparation and skills at hand, you can easily crack your way into a long, fulfilling career working for Amdocs.
You may also like: