Aspire to be a Java programmer/developer? Acing Spring MVC interview is crucial for you to carve a niche in the Java world. Spring framework is like the new king of Java world. You need to nail the king if you wish to kick-start your career as a successful Java programmer. This doesn’t mean that your heart won’t go all racy before the moment of truth. With all the technical humdrum, nervousness is natural during a Spring MVC interview.
Good practical knowledge about Spring MVC topics can make things smoother for you. Based on the length of your experience, you may be questioned about the core Spring MVC framework. Be prepared for Spring MVC questions with technically sound answers. Be sure about what you answer since they may be the source of follow-up questions.
Don’t Forget to Brush Up These 8 Spring MVC Interview Question
Prepare for the following questions to face Spring MVC interview in the best manner.
1. As a Java Developer, why should you use Spring MVC framework?
You use the Spring MVC framework to ease the application development process. Spring is the most commonly used Java EE framework. The Model View Controller and the ready to use components help you to develop web applications which are flexible and loosely coupled. Spring gives you several API like Dependency Injection, IOC container and Spring MVC flow. The framework of Spring architecture uses different technologies like JSP, iText, Tiles and POI. You can also connect with several online communities and resources while working with Spring.
2. Elaborate on Dependency Injection.
Also known as Inversion of Control, Spring Dependency Injection is a crucial feature. It describes the process by which an object should be created. This spares you from creating an entire environment for an object and its dependencies. You can use Dependency Injection to create and test an object at any given time point. According to need, you can include or call upon object dependencies.
3. How is Spring MVC framework better than other MVC frameworks?
Spring MVC benefits over other MVC frameworks are-
• It makes the separation of roles clearer and easier for you.
• You can avoid code duplication with Spring MVC. With this framework, you can use existing objects as commands.
• You can customize binding, validation, locale, theme resolution, view resolution etc.
• Spring MVC from Spring 2.0 is associated with JSP form tag library. This allows you to write forms easily in JSP pages.
4. How does a Spring MVC front controller function?
Spring MVC front controller manages all the requests made for a web application. Spring MVC front controller is a Dispatcher Servlet which receives and moves forward requests to the respective controller.
When you send a request to a web application, it is first received by the Dispatcher Servlet. It organizes all the components configured in the context of Spring MVC web application.
5. Describe the steps involved when you use Spring MVC Flow.
The process by which request flow happens in Spring MVC is as follows:
• All web requests must encounter Spring MVC front controller.
• How you configured the Dispatcher Servlet, dictates the process of theme resolution and locale.
• It finds the right Controller to handle the request. After completing the request, Controller sends a view name and model object to the Dispatcher.
• DispatcherServlet redirects to view template after resolving view name. DispatcherServlet receives the response HTML.
• In the last step, DispatcherServlet directs the response to the browser again.
Also Read: Tips to Unlock the Interview Process for Java Jobs at Infosys
6. List some Spring MVC annotations, which you consider to be important?
Following are some important Spring MVC annotations which make Java Development easier for you.
• @controller- This class acts as a controller.
• @RequestMapping- You can apply it on a method or class. It acts by mapping an Url on the selected class or method.
• @PathVariable- You use it to outline dynamic incentive in the url to a strategy contention.
7. What are the ways that you need to access Spring MVC Hibernate?
There are two ways to access Spring MVC Hibernate.
• You can use IOC along with Callback and Hibernate Template.
• You can also apply AOC interceptor and extend HibernateDaoSupport.
8. How will you treat Spring MVC exceptions?
Using Spring MVC application allows you to register with any number of exception resolver beans. Beans are useful in the context of application to cure uncaught exceptions. This auto-detection is possible due to beans which is the tool for HandlerExceptionResolver interface. You use SimpleMappingExceptionResolver to map each exception category, in a configurable view.
Spring MVC framework is like the Holy Grail of web application development. Developing Java web applications needs Spring MVC for the swift process. You can use Spring MVC Core features to develop any Java application. Make sure that you brush through all the practical areas of the Spring MVC framework. A bit of confidence with great preparation and you are good to nail Spring MVC Interview.
Looking for Spring MVC Jobs in top cities? Click at the links below:
• Spring MVC Jobs in Bangalore
• Spring MVC Jobs in Mumbai
• Spring MVC Jobs in Chennai
• Spring MVC Jobs in Hyderabad
• Spring MVC Jobs in Pune