At Marvell, we believe that infrastructure powers progress. That execution is as essential as innovation. That better collaboration builds better technology. Trusted by the world's leading technology companies for 25 years, we move, store, process and secure the world's data with semiconductor solutions designed for our customers current needs and future ambitions. Through a process of deep collaboration and transparency, we're ultimately changing the way tomorrow's enterprise, cloud, automotive, and carrier architectures transform-for the better.
The data infrastructure that our customers build has never been more critical to our global economy. It's what's keeping the world connected, businesses running, and information flowing. If you're ready to excel, innovate, and truly enjoy your work, apply now for the position detailed below.The Opportunity
Marvell Technology, Inc. is a data infrastructure semiconductor solutions provider. The Company is principally engaged in delivering the data infrastructure technology that connects the world. The Company moves, stores, processes and secures data with semiconductor solutions designed for its customer needs. The Company is engaged in providing high-speed analog and mixed signal semiconductor solutions and optical interconnects for communication infrastructure in long-haul, metro, datacenter for cloud markets.
We address the bandwidth, capacity and power issues faced by cloud computing, mega data center from 10Gig to multi-hundred-Gig ( 100G) network environments. By leveraging our core competencies in advanced analog circuit design, advanced DSP (Digital Signal Processing), advanced packaging and process technologies, the company's products being first to market in many of key areas, including opto-electronics and DSP based transceivers providing most advanced chips and subsystems solutions to address today's and future's multi-100Gig interconnect requirements for the ever-increasing demand of higher data rates.
We are seeking talented individuals to work on solving technical challenges with the most outstanding group of collaborators in the industry. Join our team of experts and make a difference in an exciting career opportunityJob Responsibilities:
Lead and perform protocol characterization, lead development of characterization boards and provide pre and post validation activity based on customer/designer requests, act as liaison between AE and validation team, help supporting and managing local lab activities. The position requires a self-driven candidate with very good knowledge on verification and validation, as well as good communication skills. This position interacts with multiple internal teams such as R&D, Field Engineering, Product Marketing for application & methodology development and support team to benchmark design tools and to develop & maintain our design flow. Complete a full plan of validation activity for the program assigned, drive toward the goal and tutor and lead other validation engineers.Detailed responsibilities include:
- Validate the key Analog and DSP based SerDes blocks: PLL, ADC/DAC, equalizer and driver
- Define methodology for high speed serial IO measurements
- Create protocol specific use models and perform protocol specific compliance test
- Develop firmware functions for the PHY
- Design/simulate/bring-up characterization and evaluation boards
- Work closely with the development teams to assist in the bring-up phase
- Provide device specific application engineering support to our customers and FAE's. Educate, answer questions, debug issues, and solve problems for customers, architect demo kits
- Author application collaterals like GUI, application notes, user guides, articles, design ideas, new product proposals, and evaluation kit manuscripts for internal and/or external publication
- BSEE/MSEE or Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering, 10+ years of experience in system hardware design, subsystem/IC validation, debug, compliance tests, system performance evaluations, etc.
- Hands on experience in circuit bring-up, validation and analysis of high-speed with multi-lane multi-standard SERDES (including testing of high-speed ADCs).
- Understanding of the key performance parameters of IP and analog/digital blocks and the ability to define and develop and execute test platforms and validation plans.
- Experience with one, or more, of the following protocols such as PCI-Express, 10GBASE-KR/SR/MR/ER/LR, 25-50-100-200GBASEKR/CR, CPRI, CEI-56G.
- Effective communication and presentation skills. Experience of working with an international cross-functional team.
- Experience in software and software control of lab equipment (C++, Perl, Python) highly desirable
- Working knowledge of lab equipment (Oscilloscopes, Function Generators, Spectrum Analyzers, BERTs, VNA, etc, automated control of equipment using the GPIB/488 bus) and lab validation techniques.
- Fundamentals of communication, transmission lines, EM, microwave theories
- Attitude to interact with remote team
- Understanding of Signal Integrity (SI) data on communication system performance
- Usage of ADS/Matlab or other simulation tools to model SerDes is a plus
- Experience in electro-optical systems is a plus.
- Experience of analog circuit is a plus
With competitive compensation and great benefits, you will enjoy our workstyle within an incredible culture. We'll give you all the tools you need to succeed so you can grow and develop with us. For additional information on what it's like to work at Marvell, visit our page.Your Future
Marvell provides a work environment that promotes employee growth and development. We are searching for an individual who wants to grow with the company and will strive to improve performance. If you are driven, personable, and energetic, there will be additional opportunities for you here at Marvell.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.