Job Description Summary
The Manufacturing Shop Operations Manager will demonstrate accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. In this role, you will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues with in functional areas of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy.Job Description
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide overall leadership within Manufacturing in terms of safety, quality, fulfilment, cost
- Direct process / product improvement programs and provide process method excellence throughout the organization
- .Executes production according to the appropriate instructions.
- Developing expertise in own function. May include roles that are experts in their discipline, providing professional or thought leadership . Influences policy and ensures delivery within area of responsibility, linking with other parts of the organization.
- Interprets internal and external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services. Utilizes understanding of industry trends to inform decision making process.
- Leads others to find creative solutions within complex manufacturing processes with technical variety and/or interdependent production cycles. Employs sophisticated operational/product management, manufacturing or engineering techniques. Interaction with adjacent functions needed to solve issues. Has the ability to evaluate quality of information received and questions conflicting data for analysis. Uses multiple internal and external resources outside of own function to help arrive at a decision.
- May lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity. Presents business or technical discipline solutions to leaders. Communicates complex messages and negotiates mainly internally with others to adopt a different point of view. Influences peers to take action and may negotiate with external partners, vendors, or customers.
- This role requires significant experience in the Manufacturing & Production. Knowledge level is comparable to a Master's degree from an accredited university or college ( or a high school diploma with relevant experience).
- At least 7+ year of related working experiences including 3 years in shop operation leadership position
- Proven results with experience of leading a large and complex team.
- Demonstrated competent leadership to drive desired outcome
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.