Work you will do
USAID V-LEEP II is helping Vietnam continue its transition to a clean, secure, and market-based energy sector by increasing the deployment of advanced energy systems, improving energy sector performance, and increasing competition in the energy sector. Specifically, the project will on power markets, demand side management (DSM), distributed energy resources (DER), pricing, and market-based tariff structure.
To meet that demand, Deloitte Consulting is seeking applicants interested in the Senior Power Tariff/MarketExpert position for the USAID-funded V-LEEP II program, which runs through September 2025.
The successful candidate will coordinate with to provide technical assistance and capacity building on one (or more) of following aspects:
- Competitive power market or modeling of Vietnam's competitive wholesale power markets
- Market-based electricity price administration
- Financial mechanisms for demand side management (DSM)
- Tariff structures/mechanism in Vietnam
- Distributed energy resources (DER)
- Implement technical activities under supervision and support from V-LEEP II Senior Technical Leadership to provide technical assistance and capacity building to MOIT/ERAV in one or more related areas: market-driven power pricing LNG-to-power tariffs price policies EV tariffs DSM/DR financial incentives other regulations to improve market operations and tariffs.
- Proactively and effectively coordinate with relevant MOIT/ERAV counterparts on V-LEEP II activities.
- Identify relevant human resources to achieve the technical activities, implement engagement procedures of V-LEEP II for desired resources and closely work with selected resources for the quality deliverables as required.
- Perform research, analysis, drafting and editing relevant technical reports in Vietnamese and English language.
- Perform other related tasks assigned by V-LEEP II's management or designee as may be required to contribute to the achievement of V-LEEP II goals and objectives.
If you are someone with:
- Minimum of bachelor's degree in power system, renewable energy, energy economics, finance or related field. Master's degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in power/electricity finance or power market or a related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and experience Experience in working with MOIT, NLDC, EVN and EVNPC is .
- Excellent communication skills in Vietnamese and English, both written and spoken, is required.
- Flexible, effective, and client-oriented communication skills, and collaboration in a multi-cultural team environment.
- Demonstrated initiative, self-motivation, ability to work both independently and within a team, and hands-on approach is preferred.
- Experience writing and editing technical reports in power industry or related fields
- Ability to convey concepts clearly and to understand and meet the needs of a range of stakeholders
- Excellent organization and time management skills, attention to detail, ability to meet and beat deadlines, self-motivated with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong understanding and/or experience working with international aid organizations and partner government agencies in a development context US Embassy, USAID and / or energy experience preferred
- Experience working in cross-cultural and bilingual working environments.
This is a local Vietnamese position based in the V-LEEP II project office in Hanoi, Vietnam . Limited domestic travel may be expected as required by project activities. Work and travel will be in compliance with the policies and procedures of the Vietnamese and US governments, Deloitte Consulting, and the V-LEEP II project office. USAID V-LEEP II and Deloitte are committed to creating an inclusive work environment through ongoing recruitment and retention efforts, with a focus on developing a more equitable workplace.
So what are you waiting for Join the winning team now. Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.