At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and community. Deloitte offers you a highly inclusive, collaborative workplace and unrivalled opportunities to realize your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
Work you will do
USAID V-LEEP II is helping Vietnam continue its transition to a clean, secure, and market-based energy sector by increasing the deployment of advanced energy systems, improving energy sector performance, and increasing competition in the energy sector. Specifically, the project will provide technical assistance to Ministry of Industry and Trade (MOIT)/Electricity Regulatory Authority of Vietnam (ERAV) in order to support the implementation of the Direct Power Purchase Agreement (DPPA) Pilot Program and engage in workforce and provincial government capacity building on competitive procurement mechanisms.
To meet that demand, Deloitte Consulting is seeking applicants interested in the Senior Clean Energy Specialist or Expert position for the USAID-funded V-LEEP II program, which runs through September 2025.
Enough about us, let's talk about you
- Implement technical activities under supervision and support from V-LEEP II Senior Technical Leadership to provide technical assistance and capacity building for ERAV, relevant stakeholders, other relevant power sector entities, and private sector participants
- Proactively and effectively coordinate with relevant MOIT/ERAV in designing, developing, implementing and tracking V-LEEP II's support activities in relation to DPPA Pilot Program finalization and its implementation
- Identify relevant human resources to achieve the technical activities, implement engagement procedures of V-LEEP II for desired resources and closely work with selected resources for the quality deliverables as required
- Perform research, analysis, drafting and editing relevant technical reports in Vietnamese and English language
- Perform other related tasks assigned by V-LEEP II's management or designee as may be required to contribute to the achievement of V-LEEP II goals and objectives.
If you are someone with:
- Bachelor's degree in power system, renewable energy, energy economics or related field. Master's degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in power industry or a related field, with over 10 years of experience is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and experience in Vietnamese clean energy market and good understanding of the Vietnamese regulatory processes in renewable energy development.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and experience in in Vietnam's energy/power markets, power systems, energy/power pricing, electricity mechanism, tariff mechanism and good understanding of EVN structure and power companies (PCs). Experience in working with MOIT, National Load Dispatch Centre, and EVNPC is a strong advantage.
- Excellent communication skills in Vietnamese and English, both written and spoken, is required.
- Flexible, effective, and client-oriented communication skills, and collaboration in a multi-cultural team environment.
- Demonstrated initiative, self-motivation, ability to work both independently and within a team, and hands-on approach is preferred.
- Experience writing and editing technical reports in power industry or related fields
- Ability to convey concepts clearly and to understand and meet the needs of a range of stakeholders
- Excellent organization and time management skills, attention to detail, ability to meet and beat deadlines, self-motivated with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong understanding and/or experience working with international aid organizations and partner government agencies in a development context US Embassy, USAID and / or energy experience preferred
- Experience working in cross-cultural and bilingual working environments.
This is a local Vietnamese position based in the V-LEEP II project office in Hanoi, Vietnam with ad-hoc requests to work at ERAV office to support them on relevant tasks.
Limited domestic travel may be expected as required by project activities. Work and travel will be in compliance with the policies and procedures of the Vietnamese and US governments, Deloitte Consulting, and the V-LEEP II project office. USAID V-LEEP II and Deloitte are committed to creating an inclusive work environment through ongoing recruitment and retention efforts, with a focus on developing a more equitable workplace. Next Steps
So what are you waiting for Join the winning team now. Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.