About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role ResponsibilitiesMandate:Inbound NTB/ETB sales
Inbound ETB Service-To-Sales
- Address walk-in NTB clients&rsquo (any segment) sales needs Pull generated from ATL/online, catchment campaigns, word of mouth
- Activate NTB clients, and set up and educate clients on remote channel usage i.e., online, Client Centre, ATM Hand over client to Priority or Business Banking Team if required
Activities (role in clients journey)1. Listen, explain & sell (in person)
- Address walk-in ETB clients&rsquo (any segment) sales needs (may be from Service To Sales) Serve client on initial request and broaden to Next Best Conversation based on ETB analytics
- Direct and educate walk-in clients to use self-serve channels, and handle service requests via low-counters where requested by clients Actively seek Service To Sales opportunities
2. Deep sell (in person)
- Understand needs
- Explain respective banking proposition that fits their ingoing need (anchor product)
3. Prepare, set up, & activate (in person)When required documents are available
- Immediately broaden the conversation to include fuller bundle
- Refer to Business Banking Acquiring Team for BC lending needs
4. Service (in-person)
- Compile required documents
- Conduct KYC/CDD
- Open account/activate products
- Tag clients to the right segment. Refer respective business clients to BC Banking Team and Affluent to Priority Banking Team
- Fulfil basic service needs and pass on rest to Client Centre or CSM
- Listen, explain & sell (in person)
- Ensure compliance with Group Policy and Standards, local laws and regulations, controls and procedures of the Bank and regulatory requirements pertaining to Money Laundering and CDD.
- Participate in and/or support the Bank's effort in combating money-laundering activities.
- Exercise due care and diligence on matters related to Money Laundering and KYC in the day to day operations, which include account opening and reviews, transaction monitoring, reporting suspicions, customer communication, implementing new requirements, updating and revising operating procedures, acquire relevant knowledge and training, provide support to superior and subordinates.
Regulatory & Business conduct
- responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group&rsquos arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
- awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- responsible for delivering &lsquoeffective governance&rsquo capability to challenge fellow executives effectively and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Manage day to day to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Operation of Financial Markets Financial Crime Prevention The Right Environment.]*
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters
Our Ideal CandidateProduct broadening
- Embed Here for good and Group&rsquos brand and values in the team,
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- Basic banking products knowledge &ndash CASA, Mortgage, PL, Credit Cards, Simple wealth
- Market and competition knowledge
- Closing deals
- Client training on digital solutions
- Communication and presentation skills
- Negotiation and objection handling
- Understanding of KYC/CDD principles
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.