Senior Backend Developers will be primarily responsible for implementing core web services systems to support live game operations as well as game development operations. You would also be a skilled software programmer who is comfortable with back-end programming for a blockchain game project.
- Work with client-side developers to create efficient communication structures and ensure synchronization between client/server.
- Work with the production team to create frameworks, APIs and tools for use by large-scale online multiplayer casual games.
- Create web-based dashboards and other tools to support live game operation, analytics, deployment, and testing.
- Write client and server-side code to support integration with third-party/external platforms such as analytics, CDN, login, matchmaking, user data storage, etc.
- Work with client team, core tech team and external providers to ensure that game data is secure, reliable and efficient
- Create server-side game logic for online social mobile games
- Support gameplay programmers to plug in the Unity game to the backend wherever applies
- Take initiative to improve coding quality guidelines, tools and methods, including unit testing, code analysis, build systems automation, deployment automation etc.
Nice to have
- Experience with one or more server frameworks, such as Node.js / Express, etc.
- Experience with REST-style interfaces and other web service-related technologies.
- Familiarity with database technologies such as MySQL, Oracle and MongoDB, Redis DynamoDB is preferred
- Experience with long-connection programming, such as with TCP/IP, Websockets, Socket.io, etc.
- English level intermediate, written & spoken.
- Successfully implemented server-side logic for one or more multiplayergames or other applications with similar interaction.
- Experience writing code which interfaces with third-party platforms such as payment, advertising, etc.
- Experience building/working with scalable systems for large numbers of users (load balancing, DB sharding)
- Experience with social platform integration such as Facebook, Wechat, etc.
- Understanding of bottlenecks in blockchain interaction and various potential solutions (e.g., L2 frameworks).
- Experience with the Unitygameengine.
Ubisoft's 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.Ubisoft Da Nang - where bright ideas are given a chance to shine
Ubisoft Da Nang is an ambitious studio full of international talents. We are committed to creating worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise and fun.
Since 2020, we are bringing the best creative and engineering talents from Vietnam, Southeast Asia, and the world together to bring Ubisoft worlds to new audiences.
At Ubisoft Da Nang, you will grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. You will be able to work on challenging and interesting projects, that will be displayed at the international level.
Joining our studio is taking the opportunity to grow within the Ubisoft family, to work on our most famous brands either by developing instant party games powered by H5 technology, by creating games on Unity, or working on web3 projects.
We aim to empower and connect our talents within a dynamic and creative workplace that was awarded best office design in Vietnam by VMark 2021. Joining Ubisoft Da Nang will give you access to so much! From the beach to the mountains, clean air, no traffic, and proximity to every big city in Southeast Asia, as well as be part of one of the tech hubs in South East Asia.
So, if you share our vision and want to be part of our team, contact us. Join us and create the unknown!Why it's great to work at Ubisoft Da Nang:
- An international, professional, collaborative, modern, and creative environment
- Attractive remuneration package
- Performance rewards
- Creative & endless fun projects
- Flexible working time
- Premium healthcare insurance for you and your family
- Team building, Lunar New year Celebration, Projects celebration
- Beers and treats every Friday (yay!)
- Staff clubs
- Free in-house entertainment facilities (PS5, Switch, Arcade Machine), coffee, tea and fresh fruits