1. POSITION: Senior Analytical Chemist (Supervisor G5)
3. NUMBER OF STAFF NEEDED: 1
4. STARTING DATE TO WORK: Dec 2022
5. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
Reporting to Innovation Manager (Indian), Soluble Coffee, the Senior Analytical Chemist will manage innovation development projects and initiatives.This position will require deep understanding of analytical chemistry related to ingredient processing. They will work primarily in the laboratory and pilot plant but may also undertake experiments on selected projects in the field or plant settings. The qualified individual should have demonstrated proficiency with supporting scientific projects by maintaining laboratory equipment, space, and specialized reagents. The Sr Analytical Chemist will lead and perform required analysis of raw material and finished goods, interpret data, develop new analytical methods, and write reports.
- Initiates, develops & supports all analytical requirements for an innovation and development laboratory.
- Comply with chemical safety standards through proper handling of hazardous chemicals, processes, safe laboratory practices and ensure that systems and protocols in place to manage Good Laboratory Practices.
- Responsible for maintaining analytical equipment and instrumentation.
- Understand the chemical analysis requirements of various products and provide analytical chemistry support in analysis of product and process parameters.
- Provide oversight of all analytical development activities, such as method development, method validation and testing studies are executed successfully to meet project objectives. Exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Utilizes current statistical approaches for data analysis.
- Engage with Innovation team to understand innovation challenges and create solutions that leverage COVL capabilities and meet overall business strategy.
- Provide analytical chemistry expertise in development of new innovative solutions within the soluble coffee category both internally and externally with customers.
- Provide feedback to improve performance and increase technical knowledge to innovation team.
- Review protocols, technical reports, as well as relevant SOPs and prepare technical write ups, project procedures & reports offering conclusions and recommendations based upon study outcomes.
- Proactively searches literature and regulatory guidance to maintain awareness of current methodologies/technologies and regulations. Foster a culture of continuous improvement.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
6. REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree or above in Analytical Chemistry/Environmental Chemistry/Chemical Engineering or equivalent.
- Operate the analytical lab to undertake basic analysis such as moisture, pH, acidity, color, particle , extraction, concentration, distillation and other techniques as required to arrive a quantitative data
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in chemistry laboratory undertaking hands on analysis using advanced instrumentation such as HPLC-MS/MS, GC-MS/MS, Gerstel autosamplers, and other basic analytical techniques. This includes all associated software to control instrumentation such as Chemstation and Mass Hunter.
- Ability to use mass spectral library databases to create Chemstation / Mass Hunter quantitation methods.
- Knowledge and ability to maintain and operate advanced instrumentation such as the HPLC-MS/MS and the GC-MS/MS.
- Knowledge of extraction techniques such as solid-liquid extraction, liquid-liquid extraction, distillation, solid-phase microextraction are critical for the position.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written, and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills are required.
- Create analytical measurement techniques based on literature reviews with the need of the business.
- Must be creative, pro-active, think outside the box, and have a desire to accept or create new ideas and take calculated risks on new analytical processes.
- Experience with scientific literature and publications is required.
- Must have strong computer skills and be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite as well as statistical analysis.
- Ability to work with a varied group of food scientists, engineers in a collaborative environment at the innovation center, and operations teams.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
7. REASON FOR MAKING THE REQUEST:
For GC & LC Laboratory (Pilot Plant project)