We’re on a super-powerful mission! Our purpose is to improve people’s financial health so that together we can build more secure, stable and sustainable communities across Asia. By working closely with our partners, we make financial products easier to understand and easier to access based on individual needs. That, in turn, helps people live their lives on their own terms.
We’re looking for people who are charged up by this mission. Obviously we want smart and hard-working but, more importantly, we want individuals who love solving problems, working in close-knit teams and coming up with crazy ideas.
What kind of fun will you get up to
As Principal Engineer
, you will:
- Provide technical direction and ensure that standards are consistent across the different teams
- Work on a roadmap to get from where technology is today in ourcompany all the way to excellence. To infinity and beyond!
- Have a strong say on how things are done. Your word and yourexperience matter and developers will look up to you
- Introduce new, on-point ways of coding and testing.
- Be on the lookout for potential new frameworks and tools tointroduce in our company
- Line manage Tech Leads
- Coach and mentor developers. We want people to continuously grow& develop!
- Run regular training sessions to introduce or explain bestpractices, idioms and conventions
- Focus on building high-quality software
We require an enterprising, no-nonsense, hands-on full stack developer with the following qualifications and skills. No, you don’t have to be a superstar with balanced front-end and back-end skills, but either 30% vs.70% or 70% vs. 30% is fine.
- Solid English communication skills (written and verbal)
- Back-end scope:
- Java or C#. Any other language knowledge (no matter how obscure)is also welcomed.
- CouchBase, CouchDB, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Azure DocumentDB /CosmosDB, PostgreSQL, MSSQL, MySQL, Apache Ignite, Hazelcast, Redis.
- Cloud Service Providers, Google Cloud preferred
- Experience in functional programming
- Experience in building and designing microservice architecture
- Good understanding of Object-Oriented programming fundamentals,and how to apply them
- Front-end scope:
- Familiarity with grid/flexbox front-end frameworks such asBootstrap, Foundation, Semantic UI, Jeet, Susy etc.
- Experience with Sass / LESS, tree shaking and preprocessing foroptimization
- Experience with web API’s, JSON and REST
- Experience with building Atomic Design Methodology
- Extra points if you have worked with Drupal 8
- You have extensive experience within a SCRUM or Agile software/product development
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related fieldsDoes this sound like you
Need more reasons to come and work for us
- You’re kind-hearted
- You not only love technologies but also love to work and deal withdifferent people’s working style
- You have the ability to communicate complex concepts in a clearmanner
- You’re willing to coach and teach others
- You prefer persuading others through calm, respectful, rationalargument
- You are always learning and have a hunger for knowledge anddiscovery
- You acknowledge that we can do better, and have a willingness tokeep seeking the better way
- You are self-motivated and direct, with the ability to effectivelyprioritize and execute tasks in a high- pressure environment
- You display analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keenattention to detail
- You love to work collaboratively, in cross-functional teams
- You have excellent time management and prioritization skills
- You go the extra mile (or two)
You’ll get to learn from a multi-cultural team of fin-tech disruptors at one of the fastest growing online brands in Asia. Our work makes us innovative, agile, brave and result-driven but we also just love what we do– and because we love what we do, we’re fun to be around (well, we think so anyway). We’ve got an open and transparent culture so what you see is what you get: we’re not cool with office politics. We value freedom and high performance above blindly following processes. In fact, we like it when you challenge our processes. We also like it when you show curiosity for new ideas that make a difference. And, we love it when you discover practical solutions to tough problems. We give lots of high fives for solving tough problems.