Position at Mindshare
Overview of job
Mindshare is an agency of GroupM, the world's largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for a Partner, Client Leadershipto join us.
As the Client Director, this person will be the business lead across a portfolio of clients.The candidate must be passionate about media & client servicing, have experience managing senior client relationships, have strong project management skills and be able to multitask across many simultaneous projects. Prior experience in Integrated Media Planning is essential, strong digital planning experience is desirable.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to: Managing Partner
3 best things about the job:
- To be a part of a dynamic working environment and surrounded by the best practitioners and recognized leaders in the media industry
- The opportunity upgrade your skills when working with diverse campaigns from cross-industry client portfolios. With the pace of change and magnitude, our client is looking to use to challenge the status quo and lead the way in driving its own transformation.
- Making media more prominent and meaningful with a promising experience in the best media agency in Vietnam.
In this role, your goals will be:
In 3 months:
- Onboarded onto the key accounts with full induction/training into all other facets of the business such as trading, specialized services (internal and within GroupM).
- Built good relationships with your team and helped them deliver even better work
- Gained the trust and respect of the clients
In 6 months:
- Managed and delivered effective campaigns and shown strategic leadership
- Identified ways to improve processes on the account
- Be able to identify opportunities to drive innovation and efficiencies for the client
In 12 months:
Responsibilities of the role:
- Become an integral part of the core team and a valued member of the agency
- The proof of your success will be clients satisfaction and increasing business profit / commercial results.
- Lead key client relationships, ensuring that client servicing is first class.
- Oversee deliverables across the wider team (Performance team, OOH team, Integrated Planning Team, Buying team) to ensure client expectations are met.
- Bring knowledge of the client business into the team (via regular business updates and reporting).
- Take responsibility for ensuring the agreed Scope of Work is delivered
- Troubleshoot & problem solve on any issues arising from day to day work
- Understand the media landscape in Vietnam and the business opportunities for our clients
- Work with a Talent Mindset: Regular maintenance of talent mapping and career path development plans by coaching, guiding, and mentoring a team of integrated planners
- Support and deliver new business pitches as required
- Be commercially driven and forward-thinking in the expansion of business opportunities, entrepreneurial in mind-set and always looking to develop incremental or new services
What you will need:
More about Mindshare
- 8+ years planning experience in a media agency, client-side in-house team, or media owner capacity
- Have a client management/implementation planning background.
- Have knowledge about the Investment/Trading/Buying function within an agency ideally having come through this discipline.
- Good English skills in both verbal and written
- Strong digital background with a strategic outlook
- Solid knowledge of all media channels with a proven track record of being able to create integrated media recommendations.
- Highly evolved presentation and reporting skills.
- Experience in managing multiple work streams and integrating on large projects and teams
- Demonstrated experience and success working in a client-facing role
- Strong leadership skills to guide and groom team members and be seen as Client's trusted advisor.
- A passion for data, insights, and ideation is preferred
- Shows depth of understanding of the industry, business, brands, and consumers in client conversations.
Mindshare is a media services company that accelerates for its clients. Our company values of energy, empathy and impact bind together our diverse global family of 10,000 people from every culture and with every specialist skill you can imagine. You can check out some of our people's stories on or or hear about the company in their own words . Mindshare is part of GroupM, the world's leading media investment company, and WPP, the world's largest advertising holding group.About Vietnam
It's no secret Vietnam is the fastest growing media market in Asia Pacific. Ad spend in Vietnam grew rapidly last year, with internet penetration reached in excess of 59.4% during 2019. With a population of more than 90 million, this market carries huge potential and possibilities for media players and talent. GroupM Vietnam fosters a culture of innovation and value our diverse and collaborative work environment.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity - it's about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that's what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.