Lead Mechanical Engineer - Service Engineering
Do you enjoy being part of team that provides high-quality engineering for our customers
Join our cutting-edge Engineering team
We devise smarter systems to produce, control and monitor oil and gas extraction. Innovating in the energy industry, our subsea and offshore capabilities are industry leading. Our team oversees all stages of customer project pursuit and delivery of our world class subsea production systems, providing crucial technical leadership, guidance and support.
Partner with the best
Responsible to play a vital role in leading the creation of systems and solutions that fulfil both the business and technical needs of our customers.
AsLead Mechanical Engineer, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Executing with limited guidance the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned individual and team projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements.
- Providing technical leadership to Mechanical Product engineering team and coordinate with Analysis, Material and other engineering groups supporting the assigned project.
- Having sufficient relevant experience to plan and execute the design of high-performance pressure control products - interfacing with customers to determine design requirements, performing required design, analysis, and verification tasks - with oversight and direction from more senior engineers.
- Formulating and implementing plans to meet technical requirements, schedules, and contract commitments of assigned components and systems.
- Reviewing/ Releasing related drawings and parts under responsibility sphere.
- Demonstrating ability to multi-task and work to agreed schedules.
- Focusing on On-Time Delivery (OTD), whilst providing high quality engineering solutions, right first-time principles philosophy
To be successful in this role you will:
Work in a way that works for you
- Have Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering/Design Engineering & engineering experience gained in an Oil and Gas, Energy, Industrial or renewable environment.
- Have 10+ years of subsea package engineering experience
- Have good communication and presentation skills to articulate technical information in a clear and concise manner in English
- Be a motivated self-starter, proactively taking the initiative to lead and solve problems
- Have knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing ANSI Y14.5M (GD&T)
- Be proficient using MS Office applications, MathCad, AutoCAD, CreO/ProE and TeamCenter.
- Able to handle multi-tasks and work under high pressure environment.
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.About Us:
We are an energy technology company that provides solutions to energy and industrial customers worldwide. Built on a century of experience and conducting business in over 120 countries, our innovative technologies and services are taking energy forward - making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.