Do you relish the prospect of working with cutting-edge energy products
Do you enjoy being part of a successful team
Join our world-class Oilfield Equipment team
Bringing cutting-edge physical and digital technologies together to create oilfield equipment is the beating heart of our work. Devising smarter systems that control and monitor oil and gas extraction, our subsea and flexible pipe capabilities are industry leading. Our team provides support for customer operations to ensure continuity for production.
Take ownership for delivering complex projects
As a Lead Mechanical Engineer, you will be expected to perform to the competence requirements listed below with respect to the design /development of Subsea Production System products
As a Lead Mechanical Engineer, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Executing with limited guidance the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned individual and team projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements.
- Providing technical leadership to Mechanical Product engineering team and coordinate with Analysis, Material and other engineering groups supporting the assigned project.
- Planning and executing design of high performance pressure control products - interfacing with customers to determine design requirements, performing required design, analysis, and verification tasks - with oversight and direction from more senior engineers.
- Formulating and implementing plans to meet technical requirements, schedules and contract commitments of assigned components and systems.
- Lead or participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues
- Committing to On-Time Delivery (OTD), whilst providing high quality engineering solutions, right first-time principles philosophy.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
Work in a way that works for you
- Have Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering/Design Engineering & engineering experience gained in an Oil and Gas, Energy, Industrial or renewable environment.
- Have minimum of 10 years experience in engineering.
- Have demonstrated experience of collaborating with cross-functional teams in a global-matrix environment to deliver complex technical projects and solutions
- Have good communication and presentation skills to articulate technical information in a clear and concise manner in English
- Have good knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing ANSI Y14.5M (GD&T), experienced in performing Finite Element Analysis, preferably ANSYS
- Have good proficiency in using MS Office applications, MathCad, AutoCAD, CreO/ProE/3D software and TeamCenter.
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone. In this role, we can confidently offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit in everything in and work when you are the most productive
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.The Good Stuff
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits