What impact will you make
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and community. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you a highly inclusive, collaborative workplace and unrivalled opportunities to realize your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for Join the winning team now.Work you'll doBackground:
The purpose of the USAID Improving Private Sector Competitiveness Activity ('Activity' or 'IPS-C') is to remove constraints and build the competitiveness of small and growing businesses (SGBs) in Vietnam, including those led by vulnerable populations. With this activity, USAID/Vietnam is supporting Vietnam's competitiveness: vertically at the policy, market and firm level and horizontally by working along the entire spectrum of enterprise growth models, from household businesses transforming into registered firms to small firms on the cusp of scaling up. The Activity is comprised of four inter-related Objectives. Deloitte Consulting LLP ('Deloitte') is implementing this Activity on behalf of USAID.P
- Position Objective: Support the Director of Finance, Administration and Compliance (DFAC) and the IPS-C Project team members in the successful implementation of all aspects of the Project's Work Plan and achievement of project objectives
- General Functions of the Position. In coordination with the DFAC, s/he will oversee IPS-C operations and administrative staff, maintaining compliant, efficient operations in all aspects of program delivery, project travel and other logistics, human resources management, and facilities management. S/he will support capacity building for local grantees and other recipients of program funds in managing funds and support project technical and finance functions to deliver timely, accurate, and compliant reporting in accordance with Deloitte and USAID rules and regulations. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Your role as a leader
- In close coordination with the field-based DFAC and the Deloitte home-office management team, oversee and coordinate operational and logistical activities during project start-up. This will include, but not be limited to, identification of permanent office space, staffing of administrative and operational support positions, development of processes and procedures to support smooth start-up and technical delivery.
- Manage and serve as direct supervisor to IPS-C administrative and operations support staff, including but not necessarily limited to finance and accounting staff, logistics and planning support staff, administrative assistance, and other team members based in the Hanoi office.
- Assist the DFAC to manage the program's budget and expenditures and meet other financial requirements to ensure adherence to spending targets and budgetary constraints.
- Supervise the recording of financial transactions in the project imprest, submitting these monthly to the Director of Finance.
- Liaise with Vietnam tax authorities to ensure timely meeting of tax obligations in accordance with the Vietnam tax legislation.
- Maintain all personnel policies to ensure alignment with local labor law, tax law, applicable US regulations, and Deloitte policy.
- Ensure administrative and personnel files are properly documented, well-organized, updated, and closed upon completion of an activity.
- Disseminate written policies and procedures related to compliance activities.
- In coordination with the DFAC, conduct regular training to IPS-C staff on finance, and ethics in the Vietnam context and in accordance with USAID regulations and Deloitte standards.
- Ensure efficient ongoing project operations, including but not limited to office management, travel and other logistics, and property management and provide overall support of operations, finance, and HR/administration staff.
- Supervise Administrative Assistants, provide guidance
- When necessary, work with the DFAC to close out activities of the project from a financial and operational perspective.
- Perform any other tasks of administrative nature which may arise in course of the Activity implementation.
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Managers across our Firm are expected to:
- Understand the goals of our clients and Deloitte, align our people to these objectives by setting clear priorities and direction.
- Influence clients, teams, and individuals positively. Lead by example and provide equal opportunity for people to grow, develop and succeed.
- Establish positive relationship with senior stakeholders.
- Delivers exceptional client service. Maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and geographies.
- Manage diverse teams within a highly inclusive team culture where people are respected and valued for their contribution.
- Develop high-performing teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities and recognize them for the impact that they make.
Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- Minimum Years of Relevant Experience: 10 Years
- Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree in Business, Management, Accounting or another relevant field
- Professional fluency in English required (both verbal and written)
- Previous experience managing large program teams
- Attention to detail, ability to meet and exceed deadlines, self-motivated with excellent time management and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word required
- Demonstrated organizational management skills required to track staff movements, activities, reports, data and ensure complete and accurate record management
- Able to engage effectively with counterparts and technical staff and work as part of a supportive team to document results objectively and in clear terms
- Experience with USAID preferred, especially in terms of operations