Position at GroupM
Overview of role
GroupM is the world's largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally.
We are currently looking for anEmployment Relations Advisorto join our South East Asia & Pakistan People team.
This individual contributor role will be responsible for providing guidance on and directly handling employee relations matters to ensure our people are treated fairly and respectfully across the organization. This role will advise and support leaders and Human Resources teams on a broad range of employment issues including complaint investigation, HR policy interpretation, performance management, employee discipline and misconduct, terminations, reorganizations, remediation of employment-related disputes and employee handbook review and maintenance.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to: Chief People Officer, South East Asia & Pakistan
Malaysia, Philippines or Vietnam
Indonesia, Malaysia, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam
Best things about the role
In three months, you will be:
- A highly social, fast-paced role where no two days are ever the same
- Operational and advisory delivery - this role optimizes both client facing and back end support
- Joining a maturing HR environment - there is still unlimited opportunity to make impactful change.
In six months, you will be:
- Proficient in navigating the GroupM investigation process
- Building trusting relationships within the HR team
- Confident in your knowledge of the South East & Pakistan Asia GroupM organisational structure
- Proficiently and accurately advising on employment relations cases and general inquiries
- Familiar with the Employee Handbooks and HR Policies across South East Asia & Pakistan
- Well connected with your GroupM counterparts in other regions
What you will need:
- Conduct HR investigations including gathering and analyzing facts, applying relevant laws, policies, and best practice to reach conclusions and recommend follow up actions
- Sensitively navigate the organizational implications of investigations with key stakeholders using a balance of directness, objectivity, and empathy
- Maintain required investigation documentation, including intake and investigative notes, supporting documents and final reports
- Track, report and analyze investigation trends
- Assist in the review and maintenance of Employee Handbooks and HR policies and procedures to ensure best practice and compliance with current employment legislation
- Interpret and apply understanding of corporate policies and practices, employment law, and other regulations to provide advice, guidance, or clarification for Employee Relations inquiries
- Monitor changes or development in relevant legislation, regulations and standards
- Partner internal legal department for management of complex cases / inquiries.
More about GroupM
- Proven experience in employee relations/workplace relations or related roles
- Tertiary qualification in human resources, law, workplace relations or similar
- experience/related tertiary qualifications
- Working experience in South East Asia, including deep knowledge and application of employment regulations in one South East Asia market
- Demonstrated experience in managing employee grievance issues from complaint to investigation to reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to review HR handbooks, policies and process and ensure alignment with compliance and best practice
- Employee relations experience commensurate with an ability to think logically and translate this into practical operational outcomes that include analysing and explainingthe risk profile
- Understanding of the entire employee life-cycle
- Exemplary attention to detail, demonstrated in written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated resilience: Ability to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change.
GroupM is the world's leading media investment company responsible for more than $50B in annual media investment through agencies Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence and m/SIX, as well as the outcomes-driven programmatic audience company, Xaxis. GroupM's portfolio includes Data & Technology (Choreograph), Investment and Services, all united in vision to shape the next era of media where advertising works better for people.
By leveraging all the benefits of scale, the company innovates, differentiates and generates sustained value for our clients wherever they do business.
Discover more about GroupM at
Follow @GroupMWorldwide on Twitter
Follow GroupM on LinkedIn -About Vietnam
It's no secret Vietnam is the fastest growing media market in Asia Pacific. Ad spend in Vietnam grew rapidly last year, with internet penetration reached in excess of 59.4% during 2019. With a population of more than 90 million, this market carries huge potential and possibilities for media players and talent. GroupM Vietnam fosters a culture of innovation and value our diverse and collaborative work environment.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity - it's about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that's what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.