Holistics is a data platform that allows analysts to deliver powerful analysis insights to end users.
Our product has helped improved data productivities of technology companies across the region (Singapore, Vietnam, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, etc). Companies like Grab, Traveloka are our proud unicorn customers among other well funded start-ups such as Tech In Asia, 99.co, ShopBack, KFIT, Aviasales, etc. In Vietnam, we have The Coffee House, OnOnPay among others as customers.
We are growing rapidly and looking for a product engineer to join our team to help build and scale our data platform product. This position will be based in Ho Chi Minh City.
We're a small yet fast growing startup based out of Singapore and HCM. We have a strong engineering culture and understand what it takes to build a scalable software company.
We are obsessed with code quality and code reusability, we refactor, clean up, and think about how to optimize our code everyday.
Read how our co-founder designed a data pipeline that handled more than 100M messages a day. Joining us you'll fully understand the Big Data landscape that people are talking about, down to the smallest technical level.
You'll be working on all aspects of our product and platform: from front-end visualizations, implementing scalable, data-heavy features, helping customers with their complex SQL, to managing our servers that processed thousands of heavy jobs everyday.
What We Look For In You
- Decent communications/English skills
- Strong problem solving (most important) experiences with software/web development
- Some experiences with Rails, Ruby, PostgreSQL, Redis, SQLs, AngularJS, ES6
- Both senior and junior positions are welcome
You don't just write code based on requirements, you debate the requirements with us.
You write good code, you've written code that handle a lot of load, and you enjoy optimizing and refactoring your code to make it faster
You're a team player you understand how it's like working for a startup - doing anything and everything needed (from writing blog posts, to help customers with their data problem)
we use Ruby, PostgreSQL, Redis, AngularJS, ES6 and a lot of SQLs. It's great if you know these, but it's not a big deal. We're confident you'll pick these up quickly on the job.
Basically you will not just implement features based on a task list. We need your original ideas, creativity and critical thinking skills to help us build a great data platform.Interesting Engineering Projects
Our Interview Process
- Zero-downtime deployment for long-running background jobs
- Writing a database abstraction layer to interface with different database technologies at once: PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redshift, BigQuery, Presto
- Implement alert monitoring system using statistical algorithms
- ETL customer's data from MongoDB to relational DBs with minimal overhead.
- Parsing SQL into an AST (abstract syntax tree) to understand semantics and suggest optimizations
- Build a sandboxed environment to execute arbitrary Python code that still ensures security
Our Engineering Culture
- We want to know how it feels like to work together. First you'll see Holistics and how our customers are using it. Later we'll code together online, or review your solution to an offline code challenge.
- When you come onsite, you'll pair program with our engineers on Holistics codebase
- We don't fancy free food or ping pong table, we focus on building an environment where our engineers can be productive and concentrate on solving good problems
- Our engineers own the product from end to end. They are involved in and get to speak directly with the customers to understand how they're using it
- We don't write bad code to rush for deadline. We prefer spending more time refactoring the code over shipping bad code
How to Apply
- Salary: 15-30 millions / month
- Company Shares (Stock Options) for High-contributing Individuals.
- Great Working Environment
- Leave for 12 days/year
- Overall Healthy Insurance by BaoViet Company
- Happy Hour: Friday/week
- Participate in TEDtalk for enhancing experiences and IT knowledge
- Please email your resume and a short introduction about yourself to us at [Confidential Information]. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further interviews.
- Our HR department will contact you in the shortest time if your CV achieved our requirements.
- Contact: Mr.Vo Thanh Loc - phone number: 01674575320 for more detailed.
In order understand our product please access our website: https://www.holistics.io
Please access website: https://www.holistics.io/careers/fullstack-engineer/ to see detailed Job Description