About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role Responsibilities
The role of the FC Risk & Control Specialist is to support the Country Head of FC in the execution of their accountabilities where scale/complexity of business &/or work volume indicate need for supplementary resourcing.Strategy
- Provide support & input to Group/Region/Country/Client Business operating model design of relevant FCC and business processes.
- Contribute to setting and implementing the vision, strategy, direction and leadership for SCB Vietnam, consistent with the vision and strategy for FC and in support of the Group&rsquos strategic direction and growth aspirations.
- Support relevant stakeholders to make decisions based on current and possible future policies, applicable local regulatory requirements, practices, and trends.
- Keep track of and provide advice to relevant stakeholders on the interpretation and application of regulatory expectations, laws, best practices and policies related to FC, providing timely, responsive and quality FC regulatory compliance guidance. Leading the applications of the said requirements in which they are applicable to multi-segments
- Support resolution of competing requirements between regulations, for example between AML regulations and data privacy/bank secrecy or information security regulations.
- Ensure that risk frameworks and associated standards are effectively communicated and understood by process owners.
People and Talent
- Working in close partnership with CFCC Business Advisory Teams of Vietnam:
- Provide oversight over the implementation of FC-related policies and procedures in country to ensure compliance with such policies and procedures.
- Provide advice (typically via CFCC Advisory) to relevant stakeholders on compliance with Group standards relating FCC risks
- Support Country FCC Head with all second line risk management and oversight activities including but not limited to investigation and filing Suspicious Activity Reports, risk assessments and reporting, quality assurance and testing.
- Oversee the assessment of all AML risks identified in Business and Function (including FC-owned) processes. Providing challenge where activities are outside risk tolerance/ appetite, escalating' as necessary until appropriate oversight and ownership is achieved including actions and plans to address any remedial action needed to come back within risk tolerance/ appetite.
- Ensure that where risks are outside appetite the root cause is determined and addressed.
- Act under delegated authority to make client specific risk decisions.
- Act as the principal point of contact for Country CFCC Advisory and responsible to join up the FC-function so that effective outcomes are realized in first line processes requiring fewer touch points between FC and the first line.
- As a Rubik country, equip and maintain Country FCC Head and Head CFCC Advisory & Governance with sufficient knowledge and capability to interpret MAS Singapore related FCC regulatory requirements.
- Equip Country CFCC Advisory Heads & Country CFCC Governance Head with the necessary FC skills and knowledge, and escalation points within FC, to discharge their delegated authority for FC risks, for Rubik countries, equip and maintain Country CFCC Advisory Heads with sufficient knowledge and capability to interpret Vietnam related FCC regulatory requirements
- Engage with Country CFCC Advisory Heads & Country CFCC Governance Head to ensure that FC risks are effectively managed in the Businesses in line with the risk frameworks.
- Provide specialist expertise to Country CFCC Advisory by drawing on resources under direct control and leveraging the wider FC function.
Risk Management (select those that are relevant / applicable due to scale & volume)
- Promote and embed a culture of openness, trust and risk awareness, where ethical, legal, regulatory and policy compliant conduct is the norm.
- Stimulate an environment where forward planning, prioritisation, deadline management and streamlined workflows and collaborative, inclusive yet effective and efficient work practices are the norm.
- Provide input at business, function, country and individual level as appropriate, on compliance matters which should have a bearing on remuneration pools or individual bonuses (for senior staff).
- Understand technical aspects of systems relevant to CDD, Client Risk Assessments, Name and Transaction Screening, AML Monitoring and Case Management
- Provide advice (typically via CFCC Advisory) on the application of risk management frameworks (e.g. ORF, GRA).
- Apply Group and FC policies and processes to manage risks.
- Make recommendations (and/or implement) to relevant stakeholders (typically via CFCC Advisory) on possible risk management responses to identified risks and/or findings of concerns from investigations.
- Assess risks arising from products / segments / geographies / customers / transactions.
- Inform senior management and relevant regulators of serious regulatory breaches (or where risk tolerances have been breached) and ensure that actions are taken quickly to remediate and/or activities are ceased.
- Advise relevant stakeholders on outcomes of FC risks identification and assessment methodologies.
Governance (select those that are relevant / applicable due to scale & volume)
- In collaboration with Country Head FCC and Head CFCC Advisory & Governance to review and perform an analysis of the client base to identify and manage high risk clients, or to conduct specific country reviews
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Support senior oversight of FC in country.
- In the event of serious regulatory breaches, or where risk tolerances have been breached, ensure senior management and relevant regulators are informed and that actions are taken quickly to remediate and/or activities are ceased.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Vietnam FCC team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct PrinciplesClick here to enter text.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, financial crime, conduct and compliance matters.
- Country Head of Conduct, Financial Crime & Compliance
- Head CFCC Advisory & Governance / CFCC (sub) Teams
- Regional CFCC Team (ABC, Sanctions, Fraud) / Regional Risk Specialist
- Business Segments &ndash management and team leads
- Country Business Operational Risk
- Country Business Operations and teams
- Regional and Country Financial Crime Surveillance Operations (FCSO)
- Vietnam Regulators including Vietnam BFIU
- Vietnam banking associations (BWG, VNBA)
- Peers in other banks / industry
- Perform other responsibilities assigned by the Country Head FCC including but not limited to attendance at country risk and governance committees internally within the bank, and attendance externally at business association meetings.
- Deliver advice, guidance and training to the various business teams across the bank as required.
- Provide back up support to Thailand FCC colleagues, as well as the Country Head FCC & CMLCO as
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.