Objectives of the Position
- Plan and carry out sales, and marketing activities of the Polyamide and Precursors business in Vietnam to achieve agreed sales volume, pricing, and selling cost.
Main Areas of Responsibilities and Key Activities
-Develop sales and marketing plan to identify customers needs via consumption analysis, product/service performance requirements, technical service needs, etc.
-Make regular sales calls/visits to develop a professional relationship and follow up on needs with the aim to close deals and finalize contracts.
-Obtain, update, maintain and evaluate market and industry trends, application of products/technology, service needs, intelligence on competitors, etc to identify new business opportunities. Provide recommendation to supervisor for modification/changes to strategies/practices.
-Carry out a market research project to develop competitors grid and benchmarking analysis.
-Find any opportunity to expand/hunt new business or new industry with both existing and new customers.
-Maintain direct contact with customers key personnel Work with customers and internal functions to resolve problems/outstanding matters.
-Direct flow of information for sales activities and transactions (leads, billings, orders, contracts) and evaluate data to ensure assigned sales goals are met.
Product and application
-Conduct sale presentation, workshop, and trade roadshow to promote products, and applications.
-Arrange product testing and trial runs.
-Participate in public relations, government & industry marketing communication campaign (if any).
-Research, develop and implement long & short-term marketing plans when required.
-Conclude sales contracts according to company credit policies and provide customer information as inputs to F&A to support new or revision of credit applications.
-Work closely with the responsible personnel for account receivables to ensure that customers honor the sales contract terms.
-Ensure timely payment of receivables to meet established sales targets and revenue goals.
- Degree, preferred in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering
- Minimum 4 years of commercial experience preferably in the chemical industries
- Good knowledge of the industry, technical knowledge, and applications (extrusion polyamide for fishing net, blown film and blow molding)
- Demonstrate and show ownership/ entrepreneurial actions
- Good command of English and Computer skills (MS. Office).
- Competencies required: Drive Sustainable Solutions, Act with Entrepreneurial Drive, Demonstrate Customer Focus and Communicate Effectively.
Around 110,000 employees in the BASF Group contributeto the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio is comprises six segments: Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF generated sales of €78.6 billion in 2021