Prudential's purpose is to help people get the most out of life. We will deliver our purpose by creating a culture in which diversity is celebrated and inclusion assured, for our colleagues, customers, and partners. We provide a platform for our people to do their best work and make an impact to the business, and in exchange, we support our people's career ambitions. We pledge to make Prudential a place where you can Connect, Grow and Succeed.- Overseeing the creation and maintenance of a centralized database that stores all kinds of information. The goal is to create an organized system that allows different departments or the dashboards to easily access this data when they need it.
- Ensuring that their databases are properly structured and optimized for maximum efficiency.
- Developing new systems and procedures to ensure that data is consistently entered into the database in a timely fashion.
- Working closely with clients/stakeholders, leading and coaching a large scale cross-functional team responsible for the delivery of large-scale DWH/BI solutions to support their operational, tactical and strategic reporting as well as other analytical business needs.
- Guiding team members in the end-to-end delivery lifecycle of such projects from business requirements gathering to solution design, development, testing and roll-out.
- Developing data mining models to identify trends and patterns within large datasets.
- Providing technical assistance to other members of the data warehouse team
- Designing and developing new data warehouses as needed, including creating schemas and ETL procedures.
- Ensuring that data is accurate and clean, using statistical methods such as data profiling and data quality analysis to identify potential problems with data quality before using it in reports or analyses.
- Developing the processes and procedures for the warehouse's day-to-day operations, including creating backup plans for disaster recovery in case of equipment failure or data loss.
- Monitoring the performance of data mining models to ensure they continue to provide accurate results over time.
- Analyzing business requirements to design an efficient data warehouse structure that can support complex queries while meeting performance requirements.
- Evaluating new technologies that could improve data warehouse performance, such as more efficient storage devices, faster servers, or more accurate algorithms for analyzing large data sets.
- Designing and implementing data warehouse solutions that meet client needs while ensuring compliance with industry regulations regarding security of sensitive data.
- Overseeing day-to-day project progress, safeguarding the quality, budget and time.
- Proposing solutions and/or mitigation actions (e.g., workarounds) to identified issues & risks in order to ensure project completion according to agreed plan.
- Act as an SME (Subject Matter Expert) in topics relevant to Data Management & Business Intelligence.
- Design large-scale Data Warehouse solutions for On-Premise and Cloud Data architectures.
- Coaching, mentoring and overview of the implementation teams with regards to technical matters (e.g. Data Modelling techniques, Database & ETL Performance, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience in BI tools and methodologies (Azure Data Factory, Synapse, Databricks, Microsoft SSAS, SSIS, Power BI, Python)
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or equivalent field.
- Master's degree in Computer Science and/or other Business Areas (e.g. MBA, Finance, Business Analytics, etc.) would be considered as a strong plus
- Knowledge of Data Management and Data Warehousing concepts (ETL, Staging/Target Area, OLAP, Dimensional Modelling, Data Marts etc.)
- Possession of intense knowledge on:
Prudentialplc provides life and health insurance and asset management, with a focus on Asia and Africa. We help people get the most out of life, by making healthcare affordable and accessible and by promoting financial inclusion. We protect people's wealth, help them grow their assets, and empower them to save for their goals. The business has more than 18 million life customers in Asia and Africa.Prudential has been providing trusted financial security for 95 years and is listed on stock exchanges in London, Hong Kong, Singapore, and New York. We are proud to be included in the 2022 Bloomberg Gender Equality Index. The index measures gender equality across five pillars: female leadership and talent pipeline, equal pay and gender pay parity, inclusive culture, sexual harassment policies, and pro-women brand. Our inclusion in this global index is testament to our commitment to nurturing diverse talent. #BloombergGEI . Prudential plc is not affiliated in any manner with Prudential Financial, Inc., a company whose principal place of business is in the United States of America or with the Prudential Assurance Company, a subsidiary of M&G plc, a company incorporated in the United Kingdom.