- Excellent opportunity for a Data Scientist to join a high-growth Fintech startup
- Work with a talented team of software engineers
Our client is an SEA based early stage online card payments platform that enables any payment made by bank transfer to be shifted to a credit card. This allows consumers to utilise their card benefits like extended credit terms and earn reward points on big payments.
Reporting to the Principle Data Scientist, you will work with the Data Science Team to own your code and decide on the technologies and tools that will improve the platform.
You will be responsible for:
- Applying your expertise in data science, neural networks to derive insights that value-add to business decision making
- Performing statistical analysis on the Company's past data to validate models and recommend practical improvements.
- Building, validating and deploying machine learning models (e.g. predictive, forecasting, clustering).
- Working with with the Engineering Team to deliver machine learning models and making changes, as necessary.
- You possess a degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or related field.
- You have at least 3 years experience, ideally within a Data Scientist role.
- Ability to write and execute complex queries in SQL.
- You possess strong knowledge of Python and R.
- Expertise in Natural Language Processing/Text Mining and/or Artificial Intelligence (especially Neural Networks) is highly valuable.
- You possess strong analytical skills and are comfortable dealing with numerical data.
- You are a self-starter and demonstrate a high level of resilience.