At EY, you'll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we're counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Our business is highly regulated and EY is a complex, matrixed organization. Managing risk is of paramount importance to our brand and reputation, and our Risk Management team works side-by-side with the business to do this. Our aim is to enable responsible growth and that means working with the business to identify, monitor and manage risk, and consult and advise. Through oversight of key risk issues and processes such as independence, conflicts, and legal and regulatory compliance, we help maximize public trust and enable EY to responsibly provide excellent client service.
This opportunity is an ideal role for an individual who wants to directly contribute to EY's global organization. The role will be part of the Global Data Protection team that in collaboration with GCO manage the EY Data Protection program to ensure EY and client data is used and protected in line with internal policy and external regulation to minimize risk to the network.
This is an exciting time to join Risk Management. Enabling responsible growth and working together with the business to do this is at the heart of many of the Next Wave strategic priorities, in particular where this applies to the increased use of data and reliance on new technologies. We are looking for professionals, interested in Risk Management, to join the data protection team in global Risk Management. You will build your professional knowledge and credentials, learn how EY operates globally and work with some of the most senior partners.
Your key responsibilities
The Senior Associate within Risk Management would be expected to develop subject matter knowledge on various Risk Management functions and processes, including interpreting policies and processes, determining required actions and making recommendations based on EY guidance and acquired experience. The incumbent would be responsible for analyzing issues and producing high quality deliverables. The position would be expected to interact with Senior Executives within EY. You will be responsible for supporting all aspects of the Risk Management Data Protection team, with initial focus on the risk associated with external parties (suppliers), but also with a view to other programmatic areas such as Incident Management, Training and Awareness, ERM and policy/guidance to enable the business.
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
- The candidate should be comfortable working in an unstructured & complex environment requiring out of box thinking, logical reasoning
- The candidate should be able to continuously add value to assigned processes and develop solutions
- Ability to learn and understand the EY's Risk Management policies as well as familiarity with other Risk Management/Data Protection initiatives outside of area of expertise
- Ability to manage tasks and activities in a timely manner
- Ability to keep confidential sensitive information
- Strong research and communications skills
- Ability to successfully handle multiple tasks.
- Interest in working with a culturally diverse team from around the globe to design, develop, and deploy programs and share knowledge
- Team player and active listener with the ability to respond to and develop the ideas of others
- Appreciation for data protection principles and application of controls to protection confidential and personal data.
Ideally, you'll also have
- University graduate with 2-3 years of experience
- Good academic background
- Advanced MS office knowledge (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Candidates with exposure to client interaction would be preferred
- Candidates with a recognised data protection/data privacy qualification (e.g. CIPP) would be preferred
What we look for
- Ability to operate and flex in an ambiguous and changing environment to respond to emerging priorities
- Experience of working to deadlines and delivering high quality outputs
- Ability and willingness to periodically work flexibly e.g., participating in calls outside of standard office hours (early morning/late night) to support our global organization
We're looking for an experienced, high energy individual who embraces change and innovation in order to ensure that we can continue to deliver world-class RM initiatives in an ever-changing environment.What we offer
As part of this role, you'll work in a highly integrated, global team with the opportunity and tools to grow, develop and drive your career forward. Here, you can combine global opportunity with flexible working. The EY benefits package goes above and beyond too, focusing on your physical, emotional, financial and social well-being. Your recruiter can talk to you about the benefits available in your country. Here's a snapshot of what we offer:
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
Please apply to this role only through the Apply link (not through the local office). Your application will then be routed to the appropriate recruiting team.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build. EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.