Job ID: JR0105832
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
What you will be doing:
What you bring:
- Shares in developing effective configuration management strategies and solutions for existing and new products.
- Coordinates, facilitates, manages and controls scheduled and approved change windows for product release and infrastructure maintenance windows.
- Participates in change management reviews and confirmation of changes submitted by associates outside of assigned organization to ensure minimal disruption occurs.
- Works with all parties to resolve change-related scheduling conflicts according to established practices.
- Assesses risks and impacts to changes throughout the software development lifecycle ensuring minimal disruption to the organization and other FIS and client organizations.
- Ensures proper archiving of software application releases.
- Analyzes the software development lifecycle for process improvements and automation opportunities.
- Works with development and release management teams to ensure business requirements are defined and solutions accurately designed to meet stated business needs.
- Administers and supports third party source, version control, build, and distribution tools.
- Administers and maintains source code repositories stored within software configuration management tools, e.g., Git, SVN.
- Administers, manages, and maintains product binaries and artifacts built for clients.
- Manages application servers running FIS product and assisting with database-related administration.
- Performs software integration that includes building/compiling source code and documenting software build/compile process.
- Troubleshoots internal software automation tools and utilities.
- Assists with testing and implementation aspects of development projects including installation, configuration and customization of internal software and utilities.
- Assists with troubleshooting interfaces to change control and defect tracking systems.
- Assist with setting up projects in the version control tool, creating and troubleshooting distributed builds/compiles, as well as training and providing consultation to development teams on how to use supporting tools.
- Performs application conversion, configuration and release deployment duties.
- Maintains all internal documentation.
- Provides assistance and training on source code management processes, procedures and tools.
- Supports internal customers by responding to help desk calls, performing night on call activities as requested and completing service requests related to version control, software development lifecycle management and build management, distribution and deploy management.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
- 5 years and up experience in change, configuration, and release management roles (can do set up, configuration, installation, and building of software product using various development tools).
- 5 years and up experience in Enterprise Systems and Infrastructure
- Familiarity of standards and best practices relevant to the information technology industry, e.g., ITIL, COBIT, CMM)
- Knowledge of release and configuration management tools, e.g., Git, SVN
- Knowledge of major application and database servers in the market, e.g. WAS, Tomcat, JBOSS, Oracle Database, PostgreSQL
- Considerable knowledge of change and release management principles, procedures and techniques
- Demonstrated technical aptitude and ability to think and solve problems creatively
- Proficient troubleshooting skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate and communicate with others
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks and quickly adjust in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to respond to requests under tight deadlines in a dynamic working environment
- Must be customer focused, well organized, self-motivated and self-directed
- • Proficient analytic, organization and communication skills
- Demonstrated understanding of source code management concepts and/or software development lifecycles
- Knowledge of basic problem resolution and escalation practices
- Knowledge of FIS products and services is a plus
- Knowledge of operating system, security and database software
- Experience with object oriented and structured programming languages
- Experience with scripting languages
What we offer you:
- A competitive salary and benefits package.
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect.
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities.