Job Description :
Posting Date Aug 21, 2020
Job Number 20046262
Job Category Engineering and Facilities
Location South Binh Duong FFI, One Marriott Drive, South Binh Duong, Vietnam, Vietnam
Brand Fairfield by Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott allows guests to travel with confidence by giving them just what they need at an exceptional value. As a member of our team you'll deliver outstanding service so travel is easy, comfortable and productive for our guests. Find Your World™ at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott.
Fairfield by Marriott South Binh Duong Vietnam is a 181-key hotel with 1 All Day Dining outlet, 1 poolside bar and 2 meetings rooms at a total event space of 176 Sq M.
Binh Duong is a province of Vietnam, located immediately to the north of Ho Chi Minh City. Fairfield by Marriott South Binh Duong Vietnam is located on Huu Nghi Avenue, within the Vietnam-Singapore Industrial Park I - Binh Duong, which offers good proximity to corporate demand generators within VSIP I. The hotel offers good visibility and accessibility, being located just off the main thoroughfare QL13 which connects Binh Duong to HCMC. It is approximately 20 KM (45 minutes’ drive) north of HCMC city center and 20 KM (45 minutes’ drive) northeast of Tan Son Nhat International Airport. The location is also close to retail and dining amenities within the Aeon Mall Binh Duong Canary and Lotte Mart, both within 5 minutes’ drive away.
The hotel is projected to open in 1 March 2021.
Manages all engineering/maintenance operations, including maintaining the building, grounds and physical plant with particular attention towards safety, security and asset protection. Accountable for managing the budget, capital expenditure projects, preventative maintenance and energy conservation. Responsible for maintaining regulatory requirements. Leads the emergency response team for all facility issues.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/electrical/plumbing.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Building and Construction, Engineering, Mechanics, or related major; 2 years experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/electrical/plumbing.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Property Operations and Engineering Budgets
• Supervises Engineering in the absence of the Director of Engineering.
• Assists in managing the physical plant including equipment, refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing, water treatment, electrical and life safety systems.
• Maintains and operates equipment at optimum effectiveness, efficiency and safety.
• Establishes and manages an effective rooms maintenance program.
• Ensures compliance with all Engineering departmental policies, standards and procedures.
• Manages department's controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Select and order or purchase new equipment, supplies, and furnishings.
• Inspect and evaluate the physical condition of facilities in order to determine the type of work required.
• Recommend or arrange for additional services such as painting, repair work, renovations, and the replacement of furnishings and equipment.
• Supervises the day to day operations of Engineering.
Maintaining Property Standards
• Maintains accurate logs and records as required.
• Assists in effectively planning, scheduling and evaluating preventative maintenance programs.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Handles guest problems and complaints effectively.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality by exemplifying excellent customer service and creating a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Helps establish priorities for total property maintenance needs.
• Ensures on-going communication occurs in all areas of responsibility to create awareness of business objectives, awareness of expectations and recognition of exemplary performance.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees.
• Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Provides feedback to employees based on observation of service behaviors.
• Supervises employee's ability to execute departmental and property emergency procedures.
• Reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Solicits employee feedback.
• Helps ensure regulatory compliance to facility regulations and safety standards.
• Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.