Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a Business Controller, serving as the key partner for the Business Unit Manager of the Robotics and Discrete Automation business area, you will be a vital member of its finance team in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. You will help to set business strategy in line with wider division and product group strategies. Reporting to the Business Unit Manager, you will provide key support to the business, ensuring accurate tracking and processing of all transactions. You will translate business strategy into plans and establish measurable targets, evaluate the financial implications of various strategic decisions, identify risks and recommend actions. Your responsibilities
- 1. Strategy
- Contributes to the definition of the strategy for the business unit. Serves as the key partner for the relevant business leader in determining strategy for area of responsibility, aligning with wider strategy, implementing, and making adjustments in implementation as needed. Maintains constant contact with relevant other managers and Controllers regarding financial, market and customer situation and outlook.
- 2. Business planning and forecasting
- Translates strategy into business plans and establishes measurable targets. Oversees the business planning and forecasting process for the area of responsibility and serves as the interface to HQ/Country CFO/Global/Local Division Manager. Evaluates financial implications of various strategic decisions, builds scenarios and recommends actions.
- 3. Business performance and decision support
- Monitors progress achieved and provides insight and analysis to support operational decision-making. Identifies issues, and advises management on action plans and operational strategies to resolve. Drives appropriate cost structure, productivity optimization, and capital efficiency. Manages and closely monitors the cash flow and takes action to improve Net Working Capital.
- 4. Risk management
- Identifies and communicates commercial and financial risks and opportunities from business propositions. Executes risk review procedures and processes in line with global policies and standards to minimize commercial and financial risks and exposure.
- 5. Financial reporting and business information
- Establishes and oversees processes and tools necessary to obtain transparent and reliable financial data and business information. Ensures high quality of financial data and business information in line with defined standards and financial closing schedules.
- 6. Internal controls and compliance
- Ensures transparency in financial reporting and disclosures. Defines and implements internal controls regarding financial and non-financial operations. Ensures compliance with corporate and country standards, regulations, and guidelines. Supports internal and external audits.
- 7. Communication with internal stakeholders
- Ensures timely and efficient communication with relevant Local/Country/Division/Region Controllers, Accounting Center, and other internal customers to identify and discuss issues for improvement of operations, work quality and efficiency for area of responsibility.
- . 5-10 years of experience in an accounting and finance role.
- . Experience with computerized accounting systems and financial reporting software.
- . Strong experiences in finance management for project
- . Outstanding attention to detail, accuracy and the ability to multitask.
- . A bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or business optional
- . A collaborative, solution-focused approach and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Accident insurance
- Transportation Allowance
More about us
ABB Robotics & Discrete Automation is a pioneer in robotics, machine automation and digital services, providing innovative solutions for a diverse range of industries, from automotive to electronics to logistics. As one of the world's leading robotics and machine automation suppliers, we have shipped over 500,000 robot solutions. We help our customers of all s to increase productivity, flexibility and simplicity and to improve output quality. We support their transition towards the connected and collaborative factory of the future. ABB Robotics & Discrete Automation employs more than 11,000 people at over 100 locations in more than 53 countries. www.abb.com/robotics We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Recruitment Agencies please be aware that this role is being managed by the internal ABB Talent team directly. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require support. Your adherence to our process is appreciated