About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role ResponsibilitiesStrategy, Projection of a Positive Image
- Physical ambience of branch premises.
- Maintain appearance of staff and facilities.
- Provide well managed, competent/customeroriented staff.
- To maintain a professional image at all times.
- Participate in/support community affairs in market area
- Grow customer portfolio by deepening existing customer relationships.
- Provide advice on potential financial solutions based on identified needs.
- Resolve client queries without further escalation.
- Analyse financial requirements of customer and match with banks product offerings.
- Main banker for majority of clients in portfolio.
- Majority of clients in portfolio are long standing.
- Work effectively across geographic borders with customers to deepen relationship with bank.
- Pass on high net worth customers to the Premium Banking.
- Offer holistic advisory and consultancy services to key clients in portfolio.
- Solicit new to Bank and new to product leads from the Premium segment.
- Sell multiple products to customers.
- Turn service recovery into sales opportunity.
- Refer highly satisfied customers to generate sales.
- Analyse and review potential business to ensure maximum profitability.
- Collaborate with product specialists, to deliver effective customer solutions.
- Identify product specialists across different value centers to satisfy anticipated customers needs.
- Broader product holding ratio.
- Operate within Risk & Compliance requirements/ framework.
- No reported mis-selling cases.
- Loan impairment below competitors loss rates.
- Is able to convert service recovery issue into customer loyalty opportunity.
People and Talent
- Provide financial services information.
- Monitor and support the collection and maintenance of high quality customer information, thus reinforcing the importance of data quality of the Bank&rsquos success.
- To resolve account maintenance / transactional / product/ service issues.
- To provide / obtain full cooperation from the relevant authorities / units in resolving operational / service issues needs.
- To communicate on issues pertaining to customer service with a view to resolve within the agreed TAT / service level agreement
- Good planning and organisation skills
- Good communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- To outserve customers in service delivery and be the Best International Bank
- To create awareness and influence customers in using direct channels / automation
- To exceed customers&rsquo expectation and delight them
- Good understanding of reconciliation /investigation practices
- Selfmotivated to work with minimum supervision
- Implement money laundering prevention in line with the Group Policy and Standards, local laws and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure staff have good understanding of money laundering prevention and compliance requirements, Group Policies and local laws through training, presentations, guidance, coaching & etc.
- Act as a Legal& Compliance champion and ensure obligations on reporting suspicious activities armet through detecting/recognising, monitoring and reviewing suspicious transaction reports.
- Ensure compliance with the Group&rsquos standards and regulatory requirements pertaining to Money Laundering and CDD.
- Participate in the Bank&rsquos effort in combating moneylaundering activities.
- Supervise due care and diligence on matters related to Money Laundering and CDD in the day to day operations, which include account opening and reviews, transaction monitoring, reporting suspicions, customer communication, implementing new requirements , updating and revising operating procedures, acquire relevant knowledge and training, providing support to superior and subordinates.
- Ensure to maintenance of a compliance culture, undertake compliance monitoring, generate timely and accurate compliance reports, proactively advise Country Compliance on compliance issues, and updates new matrices as communicated by the BCC&rsquos
- Prevention of frauds & losses.
- Control costs.
- Generate revenue/fees
- To support and maintain a robust Business Continuity Plan (BCP) that is dynamic and compatible with the business.
- To formulate recovery strategies for the team and branch when called upon.
- Continuously raise awareness on BCP to the team and branch
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime ComplianceThe Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association (or equivalent)
Other ResponsibilitiesHealth & Safety
- Wealth Management team
- Product Team
- CDD Team
Our Ideal Candidate
- Responsible for the health and safety aspects within the branch.
- To ensure the work environment is safe and free from risk relating to Health & Safety.
- To ensure that any H & S issues raised by staff are addressed and escalated on a timely manner.
- Supports in the implementation of the Group H & S initiatives.
- Promotes H & S awareness amongst employees.
- Identify & ensure Fire wardens and First aiders are trained appropriately.
- Ensure compliance to local legislations and group requirements.
- Manage Conduct
- Manage Risk
- Manage People
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.