About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role ResponsibilitiesStrategy
- Responsible for developing the processing and support strategy applicable to each product to ensure that it is in line with the overall Retail, Private and Wealth Operation strategy and that it meets the needs of the individual product.
- Checker for Payroll & Personal Loan Debit Card Services
- First backup Checker for Reconciliation
- Checker for Credit Card Processing
- Checker for I-Banking Operations/ SMS Operations
- All tasks are able to be rotated periodically if required.
- Ensure all functions and operations are prioritized and complete without backlog to ensure service quality and elimination of frauds and losses.
- File operational documents fully
- Assist in administrative duties and other ad hoc & miscellaneous activities as assigned by the line manager
- Relief team members who are on lunch / leave / Sick leave / training where necessary.
- Fully understand and strictly comply with Group policies, work procedures and local regulatory requirements
- Ensure service performance standards are consistently met and reviewed.
- Assist in managing operations cost through reduction in unit costs without impacting service standards
People and Talent
- All processes related to Retail and Wealth Operations
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people, and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people, with succession planning for critical roles.
- Responsibility to review team structure/capacity plans.
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives
- Insure a no surprises culture &ndash no failed audits
- Support to manage the maintenance of operational integrity throughout the unit.
- Responsible for the identification, escalation, management and mitigation of all aspects of risk in accordance with all relevant products at Group product level policies.
- Follow up to ensure all reported risks have been eliminated.
- Ensure products & services are delivered in compliance with local Regulatory Requirements.
- Ensure approved generic Product Program and their corresponding Country Addendum are in place before any product is accepted for implementation. Refer any instances of non-compliance to Head of Retail Private & Wealth Operations to follow up and also highlight such instances to Group Function and CORG via KPIs and monthly operational risk reporting
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Accountable for defining a Risk Management methodology and the end to end control environment for each product line that ensures compliance with applicable internal policies and practices as well as external regulations and laws.
- Ensure that the Unit meets the service levels.
- Ensure controls are efficiently and effectively exercised in order to prevent frauds and losses.
- Implement different measures to reduce cost
- Actively managing and monitoring performance against defined Key Risk and Performance Indicators at the consolidated product level.
- Accountable for defining the control environment for ensuring that the Operations&rsquo functions supporting each product act within the applicable internal policies and procedures, as well as external regulations and laws, in respect of money laundering and fraud.
Key StakeholdersOther ResponsibilitiesProjects
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Card Operations to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime ComplianceThe Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Health & Safety
- Full participation, cooperation, commitment and contribution in all required activities of the project
- Full attendance and attention for all required trainings
- Learn and understand new system functionalities in order to teach other staff in the new system
- Able to identify system or process constraints, issues and risks
- Participate in the operational processes designing for new initiatives, especially back office activities
- Full contributions in the UAT testing and report problems related to system errors, behavior not within expectations and constraints that will impact system users
- Support Group H&S initiatives.
- To ensure the work environment is safe and free from risk relating to Health & Safety.
- To support the unit&rsquos H & S issues raised are addressed and escalated on a timely manner.
- Promotes H & S awareness amongst employees.
- Ensure compliance to local legislations and group requirements.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Review and simplify the process from a customer point of view.
- Explore opportunities from straight through processing so that customer fulfillment is faster.
- Prepare Root Cause Analysis for all customer complaints to prevent reoccurrence.
- Reduction of rejects & complaints / query to be resolved within the minimum TAT.
- Create awareness of customer charter and its objectives to all employees
- University degree at least (Foreign Trade and Banking & Finance University are preferable).
- Experience requirement: with 5 years product and/or operations experience in Cards Operations Good knowledge of ATM & cards product, general knowledge of consumer banking product.
- Good communication both in English and Vietnamese
- Good knowledge of bank operational procedures and local regulations requirement.
- Good knowledge of risk management Customer service skill and issues handling skill.
- Computer/PC skills excellence
- Capacity planning: Advanced
- Process management: Advanced
- Self-motivated to work with minimum supervision
- A team leader
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.