GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides application software development services or technical support typically in a defined project.
• Works on one or more projects as a team member or occasionally as a project lead.
• Develops program logic for new applications or analyzes and modifies logic in existing applications.
• Codes, tests, debugs, documents, implements, configures and maintains software applications.
• Maintains, tests and integrates application components.
• Support and resolve application helpdesk issues. Ensure SLAs are met.
• Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented.
• Demonstrates an understanding of FIS systems and the financial services industry.
• Analyzes requirements, and translates business requirements into product designs.
• Documenting user functional requirements. Writes technical specifications and other forms of documentation.
• Conduct user training where required.
• Suggests technical alternatives and improves/streamlines processes and systems.
• Completes project assignments and special projects commensurate with job expectations.
• Conducts planning, analysis and forecasting activities to plan projects and tasks.
• May provide leadership and/or guidance to other technical professionals.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Highly-skilled with extensive proficiency of FIS payment products and services.
• 8-10 years’ experience of IST Switch.
• Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles (i.e., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development).
• Strong design and programming knowledge using either C/C++ on Unix/Linux environment or Java on Tomcat/WebSphere.
• Knowledge of RDBMS/SQL such as Oracle, Informix, DB2 or Sybase.
• Knowledge of ATM/POS switching and ISO8583 messaging standards.
• Proficiency in business modeling and requirements definition disciplines through Unified Modeling Language (UML), use cases, etc.
• Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external customers.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors).
• Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources.
• Excellent problem-solving, team, and time management skills.
• Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas.