In the role of Application Developer, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing high-quality business solution for Dimension Data and its clients. Combination of on-site low level requirements gathering, understanding client’s needs, and working with the senior developer and architects to come up with a viable solution
• Proven experience as a .NET Developer or Application Developer
• .NET based language (C#, VB.Net)
• Familiarity with the ASP.NET framework, SQL Server and design/architectural patterns (e.g. Model-View-Controller (MVC))
• Knowledge of at least one of the .NET languages (e.g. C#, Visual Basic .NET) and HTML5/CSS3
• Familiarity with architecture styles/APIs (REST, RPC,WCF)
• Excellent troubleshooting and communication skills
• BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
• Good working knowledge of SQL Server and other SQL Services
• Experience using Visual Studio or related IDE (SharePoint Designer)
• Experience with a variety of Content Management Systems
• Knowledge of security standards and techniques for web applications
• Understand browser-specific compatibility issues
• Expertise in the design, implementation, and deployment of user-centric software, with focus on usability
• MCP, MCAD, MCSD in .NET or equivalent certification will be added advantage
• Understanding of Software development methodologies will be added advantage
• Design and code superior technical solutions.
• Create well designed, reusable objects.
• Create efficient and logical databases for clients.
• Create and execute project work plans, revising as necessary to meet changing needs and requirements.
• Communicate and enforce best practice coding standards.
• Consistently deliver high-quality services to clients on schedule.
• Communicate difficult/sensitive information appropriately.
• Understand and communicate to clients the benefits of complex database concepts as well as the implications of different database designs.
• Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions with project management.
• Develop an understanding of clients' business and suggest effective programming solutions.
• Develop positive and productive relationships with client personnel and the team.
• Work with and lead a team of developers during the development phase, comprising of both internal developers as well as managing external subcontractors
• Creativity and strong attention to detail
• Ability to work effectively on tight deadlines, as necessary
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Strong proof reading skills
• Desire to learn new skills and improve
• Exceptional customer service skills, including the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of customers