Pic Credit: Djurdjica Boskovic | Unsplash
Are you finding it difficult to work from home? You are not alone.
Working from home is the new normal amid the coronavirus outbreak. There are thousands of professionals who are getting used to working from home for the first time in their lives. And if it’s your first time too, read on to know how you can get the best out of your working day at home.
Working from home for a day or two is quite different from working from your new home office regularly. So how do you make the best use of your day for you and your organisation?
Like any other change that we face in our lives, this also needs flexibility and adaptability. Fortunately, humans are the best at adapting to their circumstances. No wonder, they are the most intelligent species on the earth.
By putting in some efforts and creating a structure and discipline in your work day you can get the best out of your day. But don’t expect to be super productive.
You may start with the following resources that we have curated to help you better prepare for your new home office.
Get in the flow with these helpful resources that introduce you to various aspects of working from home effectively including managing your time and how to be productive among others.
- Working remotely: Learn how to be effective and create a productive work environment.
- Time Management: Find out how you can effectively manage your time working from home.
- Productivity Tips: Learn how to boost your productivity.
- Video Conference Calls: Know how to shine on video conference calls.
Adjusting to your new home office work environment
Learn how to adjust and thrive in a new work environment with these resources that guide you from managing stress to building resilience.
- Thriving @ Work: Know how productivity and self-care are linked, and ‘how to go from coping and surviving to actually thriving.
- Managing Stress for Positive Change: Learn how you can “train yourself to use stress in more effective ways; and what managers can do to reduce employee stress…”
- Building Resilience: Find out how to build this quality that let’s you bounce back from difficult situations.
- Developing Resourcefulness: Learn how to develop and cultivate resourcefulness to get the work done
Leading teams remotely
Managing teams remotely has its challenges and if you are facing one, the following resources are for you.
- Leading teams from a distance: Learn how to lead effectively from a distance.
- Leading Virtual Meetings: Tips to learn how to lead and manage virtual meetings.
Remote productivity tools
These are tools that make remote work possible and getting a hang of these tools is important.
Here are a few tools that can help you connect with your colleagues and collaborate from afar.
- Microsoft Teams
With change comes an opportunity to learn and grow. Remote working needs you to gain new skills and adapt to circumstances. And these resources will empower you to work effectively no matter where you are.
Looking for work from home jobs? Here are a few options: