Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST), Department of Space, Thiruvananthapuram invites online applications for admission to the B.Tech programmes in Aerospace Engineering, Avionics and Physical Sciences through the IIST Admission Test (ISAT-2010). The students passing out of IIST with minimum specified academic performance will be absorbed in ISRO as scientists/Engineers. An assistantship is offered to all B.Tech students to cover the complete cost of education, boarding & lodging.
- Citizenship: The candidate has to be an Indian citizen to apply for ISAT-2010.
- Date of Birth: Candidates belonging to GEN and OBC categories should be born on or after October 1, 1985, while those belonging to SC, ST and PD categories should be born on or after October 1, 1980.
- Year of passing Qualifying Examination (QE): A candidate must have passed the QE for the first time, in the calendar year 2009 or 2010, provided the results are available before 1 July 2010.
- Candidates belonging to GE and OBC categories must secure at least 70% marks in aggregate in their Class X or equivalent examination, while, those belonging to SC,ST and PD categories must secure at least 60% marks in aggregate in their Class X or equivalent examination.
- Minimum Percentage of Marks in 10 + 2 or equivalent examination: Candidates belonging to GE and OBC categories must secure at least 70% marks in the aggregate in their Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) papers in their QE, while, those belonging to SC,ST and PD categories must secure at least 60% marks in the aggregate in their PCM papers in their QE.
How to apply: The following steps are involved in the submission of application for ISAT-2010
After submission of the online application form, candidate should download and print the Admit Card and Application Form. The completed Admit Card must be affixed with a recent passport size colour photograph of the candidate, duly attested by the Principal of the School last attended or by a Gazetted Officer. A similar photograph should be affixed without attestation on the space provided in the Application Form. The candidates should then send the completed Admit Card and Application Form together with DD to the address given below.
Note: Before submitting the online application form, candidate must keep the Demand Draft towards Examination Fee ready.
- Online application process starts from December 21, 2009
- Online aplication process closes on January 31, 2010
- Last date for receipt of documets by post at ISAT office is February 8, 2010
- ISAT-2010 Test date April 16, 2010
For further details contact:
The Chairman, ISAT-2010,
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST),
Helpline: 0471-2564831/2564832 (9am to 5pm on working days)