12th grade is one of the life changing periods in every students’ life. It comes with the responsibility of answering the greatest question that we all have been asked since our childhood days – “Son, what do you want to become once you grow up?”. If you are someone who has got this question resolved since the beginning, then you are sorted for life! But in case, if you are someone who hasn’t (which is mostly a lot of us) then there is a vast array of opportunities waiting to be explored by you. This can get a bit confusing because the number of top professional courses after 12th and best career options after 12th in PCM for girls other than engineering is overwhelming. So here we have brought a short compilation of best career options, after 12th in PCM for girls other than engineering which can be pursued by students who have completed their higher secondary education in PCM (Physics, Math, Chemistry).
Perks of Being a Science Student
Science students always have the advantage of being able to choose their career from different streams. For example, if someone discovers their passion for a course like law or management despite being a science student. Then they can still take up that course in their undergraduate years, unlike students from commerce or arts stream. So if you are someone who is not sure what to choose in your school years, then it’s safe to opt for science so that you get to choose from a variety of popular career options.
The Eternal Rat Race
The general notion of people in India is that if a child chooses to study science, then he/she will either become an engineer or a doctor. This was predominantly present in our older generation, but it’s slowly changing these days. You can find this mindset even today among the majority of the people. This is the reason why entrance exams like JEE and NEET are so popular in our country, which are entrance tests for Engineering and Medical respectively.
In order to pursue Medicine one must opt for PCB (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) in their 12th standard. PCM majorly focuses on the engineering and IT related courses. Though apart from these two disciples, there are plenty of other top professional courses after 12th and best career options after 12th in PCM for girls other than engineering which provide successful career opportunities and scope to grow in our country. The number of best career options, after 12th in PCM for girls other than engineering, available is countless.
List of Courses:
If you are a PCM student and wondering about what to pursue for your higher education, then below is the list of best career options after 12th in PCM for girls other than engineering. You can blind-foldly pick any one of these courses from the list (only if you are genuinely interested), without worrying about the scope for these professions. Because they are, no doubt, the most popular career options in our country as of now.
1. B.Sc. (Bachelors in Science)
Bachelors in Science is a realm which focuses on pure sciences like Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry etc. This is also again a very vast course with numerous different options to select from. One can either choose to pursue a normal B.Sc. degree in which you can select three different subjects of your choice to study. Or if you are interested in a particular disciple, then there are Honours degrees which specialize in one subject alone. Indian Institute of Science (IISC) in Bangalore is the highest top ranked university in our country which is primarily for pure science education. KVPY is a national entrance exam written to join renowned pure science universities like IISC, IISCER’s and NISCER.
Students passionate in these fields can go ahead and complete their higher education like M.Sc. and PhD in their desired subject. The career opportunities available in this course are majorly in the research or education sector. This is slowly becoming the most opted field among students and one of the popular career options available for PCM students. This is in fact the best career option, after 12th in PCM for girls other than engineering
2. BCA (Bachelors in Computer application)
This undergraduate course mainly focuses on imparting computer based knowledge. This 3-year BCA course gives deep insight about computers and its application. This course helps form a good academic foundation for an advanced career in computer applications. It is considered at par with B.Tech/B.E in computer sciences. It is a popular course in India and is available in mostly every other college. The popular career options after graduating from this degree are in the IT and software industry. This is the best career option, after 12th in PCM for girls other than engineering who are interested in computers and coding languages.
3. Law (LLB)
Law is a highly opted profession since generations and is one of the top professional courses after 12th. This stands top on the list of best career options after 12th in PCM for girls other than engineering, outside the science. There are numerous ways to pursue law. For example, some people complete their basic undergraduate degree and then get admitted in law colleges. But that’s outdated now. Students these days can directly enroll themselves in an integrated 5-year course. There are 3 major options like BA/LLB, BBA/LLB or B.Com/LLB, in which an individual gets to complete both the degrees side by side. There are national law schools in India which provide these courses and in order to study in NLSIU (National Law School of India University) one must pass CLAT (Common Law Admission Test).
Aviation is another popular choice among students. Irrespective of the stream students can choose to opt for courses in this field. There are numerous courses to choose from directly after 12th like Aeronautical Engineering, BSc in Airline and Airport Management, B.Sc. Aviation, BBA in Airport Management etc.
Who hasn’t dreamt of becoming a pilot at least once as a kid? Before it was compulsory to complete an undergraduate degree and then receive training to become a pilot. But now there are flying schools where students are given training right after 12th. One has to pass the entrance test and fitness checkups at the flying schools in order to get admitted. This course is slowly getting added to the list of best career options after 12th in PCM for girls other than engineering
5. B.Arch (Bachelors in Architecture)
Bachelors in Architecture is a full 5-year program which students take up immediately after class 12th. The undergraduate degree focuses on aspects like interior design, rural and urban planning, landscape architecture, building architecture etc. Students can later specialize in their desired area in further years of education. Architecture falls in the list of top professional courses after 12th and hence there are prestigious universities mainly for this course in India authorized by the government. In order to acquire a seat there, one must either pass national entrance exams like NATA or JEE Mains. This course today stands as the best career option, after 12th in PCM for girls other than engineering who have interest in drawing.
6. B.Plan (Bachelor of Planning)
Bachelors in Planning is another add on to the list of top courses after 12th. It is a 5-year professional undergraduate level degree program. Taking Mathematics as one of their core subjects is mandatory in order for students to choose a B.Plan course after 12th. Prestigious national level institutes accept admissions only through JEE or NATA rankings. There are other private colleges which offer this course to PCM students. This course also stands as the best career option, after 12th in PCM for girls other than engineering who have interest in drawing.
Journalism is a valued profession and is one of the popular career options in India. The undergraduate courses vary from 3 to 4 years depending on what one chooses. There are highly specialized courses like Bachelors Honors in journalism and there also many generalized courses like Bachelor in Journalism and Mass Communication, Bachelor of Journalism, BA in Mass Media, BA in Journalism, BA in Convergent Journalism, Bachelors in Sports Journalism and BA Journalism & Communication. There are a multitude of diploma courses available in this field as well for interested students. This is the best career option after 12th in PCM for girls other than engineering who have arts background.
8. BHM (Bachelor in Hotel Management)
Bachelors in Hotel Management is a professional undergraduate course which focuses on the study of various fundamentals of hotel management and catering technology. The degree varies over a duration of 3 to 4 years depending on the institution. The course revolves around all the necessary skills required to acquire to be ready for the hotel industry. The students are taught the methods of cooking, science behind the food and beverage industry and event and lodging management. Chefs are paid really well in 5 star properties and is recognized as a top career option in India. This course is seen as the best career options, after 12th in PCM for girls other than engineering, who are passionate about cooking.
9. BBA (Bachelors in Business Administration)
Every other person in today’s GenZ generation wants to be an entrepreneur. Bachelors in Business Administration is typically a 3-year course. This is one of the top professional courses after 12th and the best career options after 12th PCM for girls other than engineering and is seen as a popular choice among the students. A student from any stream can pursue Business Administration in their undergraduate years. The degree mainly focuses on developing entrepreneurship skills of the candidates.
The degree is broadly divided into three courses from which one selects. Such as: BBA (General), BBA (Banking and Insurance) and BBA (Computer Aided Management. Top prestigious institutes like IIM (Indian Institute of Management), which are ranked high on a global level provide a 5-year integrated MBA immediately after 12th. This today is highly opted as the best career options after 12th in PCM for girls other than engineering.
10. B.Pharm (Bachelors in Pharmacy)
B.Pharm another really good option in the list of best career options after 12th in PCM for girls other than engineering. Even PCM students who have opted Mathematics and not Biology can enroll themselves for this course. There is huge scope in this in our country. And there are many specializations available in higher studies.
A Little Out of the Box
Apart from the above mentioned mainstream top courses after 12th, there are many other popular career options available. For students willing to explore outside the mainstream courses, here’s a list of out of the box best career options after 12th in PCM for girls other than engineering that are equally successful and have scope in our country. The new generation has started to explore these fields and is gradually realizing its potential. So let’s dive in and take a look at these areas.
- Marketing: The first on our list is Marketing. This is a great career option because of its application in day-to-day life. Social media is filled with affiliate marketers, chain marketers, network marketers etc. Thus it ticks the box as a career with enormous scope in future and the lately emerging best career options after 12th in PCM for girls other than engineering. There are numerous diploma courses made available in this area. Marketing Management is a popular course on marketing offered under BBA and B.Com undergraduate degrees.
- UPSC/NDA: Students who have completed their 12th grade and wish to join any one of the services like the Indian Army, Navy or the Indian Air Force have to appear for a nationwide entrance exam conducted by NDA. NDA (National Defense Academy) is a joint services academy for the army, navy and the air force where the candidates are given training before they join their respective services. This is not a popular choice among girls, thus ranks relatively low on the list of best career options after 12th in PCM for girls other than engineering.
UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) conducts a nationwide entrance exam for joining the Civil Services. This Civil Service Exam is an entry level exam for joining the Indian Administrative Service, Indian Foreign Service, and Indian Police Service. For students passionate about serving the nation, these are really good career options after 12th. A huge number of girls opt for Civil Services making it the best career option after 12th in PCM for girls other than engineering.
- Ethical Hacking: Ethical hackers are always in demand in the current case scenario. With the growing advancement in the IT industry, there are potential risks to big companies which operate at the scale of multinational and national level. Their data can be exploited which can cause a huge loss to the company. Thus the need to hire an ethical hacker for big companies grows. They are paid well and this job position is profoundly recognized in the IT industry. There are job listings for ethical hackers in cyber security forms as well. This still isn’t at the top of the list of best career options after 12th in PCM for girls other than engineering.
- Agriculture: This sector is slowly coming to boom in recent times. Knowing the fact that India is an agriculture based country, there is no point in questioning the scope and growth in this field. There is extensive research happening in the agriculture sector lately, making this one of the popular career options as of now and in future as well. One can opt to pursue B.Tech/ B.Sc. in Agriculture depending on their interests and the course structure. There are several other associated courses to agriculture like B.Sc. in Horticulture, B.Sc. in Dairy Science, B.Sc. in Agricultural Biotechnology, B.Sc. in Fisheries Science etc. this course has started to emerge as the best career option after 12th in PCM for girls other than engineering.
Highest Paid Careers
Being brutally honest, who doesn’t get motivated by a 7-digit annual package? After seeing a list of best career options after 12th in PCM for girls other than engineering, let’s see which popular career options get paid the most in India!
- Data Scientist– At the top of the list of highest paying careers is data scientist. Their average base pay is 905K per year (Source: UpGrad). This industry is relatively new but is considered as the best career option in India. The reason being everything today is stored in terms of data, thus managing and analysing it is a tedious job to do. The qualification is BTech/B.E. This is a highly paid profession as well as the best career option after 12th in PCM for girls other than engineering.
- Software Developer– It is known to everyone that people in the IT industry earn the highest compared to others. These BlockChain Developers and Full Stack Software Developers are best examples of professions which make the most money even with minimum experience in the industry. The qualifications are B.Tech/B.E in the specific course and few programming languages required for their profession.
- Product Management– This is a little surprising, but the product managers placed in really good companies like Amazon and Flipkart make an astonishing 25 lakhs per annum on an average. This industry is accelerating at an unstoppable rate and the popular career options available in this field are expanding continuously. The educational background required for product manager roles is a Bachelors in business administration or related areas like economics, marketing or public relations.
- Management Consultant– This industry is expected to generate a revenue of about hundreds of millions in the upcoming years. The number of consulting firms being established in metro cities is enormous. Management Consultants require educational qualifications such as a Bachelors’ or Masters’ degree in a business related field.
- Investment Banker- The guy in the movies advising firms and companies to invest their money in places of highest returns.. remember? Yes, that’s the role of an Investment Banker. It is one of the best career options after 12th in PCM for girls other than engineering, as well as a highly paid job in India. Qualifications require them to hold a bachelor’s degree in Finance/Economics/Mathematics/Business Administration or related subjects in order to get a job.
On a closing note, a career or which course to study isn’t just decided based on how much money one can make. There are numerous best career options after 12th in PCM for girls other than engineering, but you are supposed to pick the one that’s made for you! It’s important to know that you are truly passionate about that subject and at the same time good at it. Another important factor to keep in mind is that the subject you choose to study has to convert into a career option which has scope in today’s world and at same time enables your professional growth. So make a wise choice from the above top courses after 12th list and pave your way into the professional world!
1. What are the popular career options after 12th?
There are numerous career options depending on one’s interest like Software Engineer, Managerial posts or Research related etc.
2. What are the qualifications to become an Ethical Hacker?
A bachelors’ degree in Information Technology (IT) or Computer Science is mandatory in order to become an Ethical Hacker.
3. Can PCM students take up B.Pharm?
Yes, PCM students can opt for B. Pharmacy after 12th.
4. Is Astrophysicist a best career option after 12th in PCM for girls other than engineering?
Yes, astrophysicist is a very popular career option, especially outside India.
5. Where can I study Aerospace Engineering?
A bachelors’ degree in Aerospace Engineering is offered by numerous reputed institutions like IIT, NIT and BITS.