The individual provides a complete HR administration service and supports the activities
and projects relating to HR.
The primary function of the Senior HR Administrator is to assist with day to day
operational queries, basic system support, filing and general administrative functions.
These activities will include, but is not limited to:
Recruitment - The Senior HR Administrator ensures the co-ordination of all
administrative and logistics relating to the recruitment process, which includes
coordinating meetings with candidates, vendors, agencies and managers and booking
meeting rooms. They assist the HR team in the preparation of employment offers,
conducting relevant pre-employment checks, compiling and distributing new starter
information and ensuring all information is captured on the relevant HR systems. They
prepare induction training packs for all new starters.
Training – When required they co-ordinate all training related logistics which includes,
venue bookings, venue setup, employee attendance confirmation and training
administration. The individual co-ordinates and executes relevant activities for
learnership and graduate programs.
Payroll - They ensure the management of all administration related to payroll and
employee transfers, promotions, resignations and termination and ensure that it is
timeously communicated to the Payroll department.
System support - For basic system support, they update and maintain the related HR
database and systems, ensuring complete data accuracy. They assist in keeping
information on all relevant HR systems up to date. This individual maintains an excellent
understanding of the relevant HR systems and portals.
Portfolio assistance – The Senior HR Administrator may be required to assist the HR
Business Partners with the development of new HR services in a specific area of
specialisation. They have basic project management skills and may assist with the
deployment of projects in the business as required by the HR Business Partners. They
assist with the co-ordination of project logistics and administration.
General administration – The Senior HR Administrator assists with day to day filing,
maintains employee records and ensures its accuracy. They ensure that all post is
received and issued to the relevant employees. They are responsible for all administrative
duties required by the HR management team.
Engagement – These individuals assist with the co-ordination of a variety of Dimension
Data engagement events and activities. They assist with the planning and coordination
of employee wellness and corporate social responsibility events. These individuals
ensure that all logistics and administration related to the implementation of recognition
programmes are co-ordinated.
The individual displays strong orientation towards ensuring client satisfaction and service
delivery. They deal with employee benefit queries and when required, escalate these to
the Payroll Department or the HR Consultant.
For basic system support, they upload new employee details and offer general
onboarding support for new employees.
The HR Administrator provides efficient administrative support with limited guidance.
They are reliable and are able to produce a high quality of work. They have excellent
verbal and written communication skills. They display good attention to detail and are
able to manage work processes.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
In this position you will be required to:
1. Co-ordinate all administrative and logistics related to the recruitment process
including conducting pre-employment checks and preparing employment offers.
2. Co-ordinate all training related logistics and co-ordinate and execute relevant
activities for learnership and graduate programs.
3. Manage all administration related to payroll and employee transfers, promotions,
resignations and terminations.
4. Update and maintain HR databases and systems ensuring accuracy.
5. Assist with balance sheet and bank reconciliation processing
6. Capture and generate purchase orders and manage the related invoicing and
7. Expense monitoring and analyzing expenses of the team and intercompany loans,
fixed deposits and journals
8. Monitor and Administer accounts receivable, including credit vetting, opening of new
accounts, collecting cash and resolving queries
9. Co-ordinate the logistics and administration of a variety of Dimension Data
engagement events and activities including employee wellness events and
10. Assist with all administrative duties required by the HR management team and
attend to or escalate employee queries.
Requirements:Education,Training and Experience
• Diploma / Degree
• HR Management / Office Management Qualification preferred
• 5 years’ work experience
• At least 2 years’ experience in HR
Personal Attributes and Skills Required Skills and knowledge
• Demonstrate relevant business process and functional knowledge
• Demonstrate a proactive approach to work
• Display good attention to detail, providing an efficient administrative service with
• Individuals should be self-motivated and have a positive attitude, contributing to the
success of the team
• Demonstrate proactive management
• Display results and service orientation
• Display attention to detail
• Possess basic project management skills
• Demonstrate the ability to exercise sound judgement on employment related
• Demonstrate the ability to exercise the appropriate discretion when working with
confidential and sensitive matters and information
• Display good verbal and written communication ability
• Display the ability to manage work processes and produce a high quality of work
• Demonstrate ability to prioritise