Are you one of top Software Architects in the world? Do enjoy solving the incredibly complex problems that no one else has been able to complete? Are you 2x more productive than the typical developer? Are you interested in earning $60,000 USD while working for the best companies from the comfort of your home? Eager to join a network of the most talented remote workers in the world? If so, this role is for you. The Company:
Aurea is the software behind some of the world’s greatest companies, from British Airways in the sky to Disney World on the ground. Aurea and its affiliate companies offer dozens of software solutions that help our clients be more efficient and successful. Aurea is particularly adept at acquiring underperforming software companies and “fixing” them – rapidly reinventing and modernizing the products and investing in customer success.
Aurea is partnering with Crossover to fill this position. Crossover specializes in finding and managing the talent in today’s global workforce and will help you through the recruiting process.
At Crossover you will play a dynamic leadership role in our fast-paced environment. You will be responsible for developing solutions to complex problems, designing and delivering real enterprise-class software products to customers and being a hands-on peer leader of top development resources.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Willingness to embrace the concept of iterative development as the means for building seamless products
- Readiness to give all the effort necessary to do an excellent job - even if it means putting in extra time to research the problem you’re facing
- Perfectionism: knowing how a job should be done and not stop until it’s done correctly
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- Proven technical leadership skills with 4+ years of experience acting as technical lead of development teams
- 4+ years demonstrated experience designing and building large-scale, high-traffic & enterprise level Scala and Java applications.
- Has worked with back end technologies based on both Scala, JEE and latest frameworks like Spring.
- Experience in developing applications using various AWS Services
- Good understanding of OO programming and design patterns.
- 2+ years of experience with testing using TDD or BDD
- Experience with distributed caching
- Experience with structured logging with distributed commit logs such as Kafka
- Experience with one or more of the following Data store types: Nosql DB, Graph DB, Relational DB, Elasticsearch
- Experience with continuous Integration/ Continuous Delivery (e.g. Jenkins, Build Bot, Travis, etc.)
- Installation, configuration and development including work within a production environment
- Prior experience working in areas of emerging technology and driving new points of view and capabilities
- Experience with modern DevOps tools and workflows such as Docker, Git, GitHub, Jira, Phabricator, Jenkins, CircleCI or equivalents
- Experience with automated build tools like slot, Gradle or Maven
- Experience with Node.js and AngularJS
Total compensation: $30/hr for 40 productive hours per week
Location: Global (remote)
We’re one of the few legitimate companies offering high-paying jobs that are 100% remote, work from home. You never have to fight traffic to the office again and you have the freedom to choose when and where you put in your 40 hours to be most effective each week.
To qualify, please provide a resume/CV demonstrating the required experience and skills. From there, to help us find the top 1% of talent, there will be a series of interviews and online examinations. We realize these are challenging and can require a decent amount of time so we thank you in advance for your efforts.