Ready to make $30,000 USD while working for a fortune 500 company from the comfort of your home? Eager to join a network of the most talented remote workers in the world? If so, this role is for you. Work for Crossover, and you’ll earn the most competitive wages on the market and collaborate with the most skilled teams in your field.
To qualify, you will undergo a competitive tournament-style test that will separate rockstar Engineers from the crowd. Every Saturday, we will run a tournament and rank you against hundreds of your peers. You will have from Saturday 00:00AM UTC to 23:59PM UTC to complete your testing - testing requires 3-5 hours to complete. We will then notify you if you have passed to the final round of interviews.Job Description:
Choose Crossover and you’ll be joining our team of world class developers to handle applications as they move across tech stacks. Our team consistently creates new build processes and tackles any bugs that arise in scripts and code. Crossover’s brilliant engineers focus on solving difficult and complex technical issues, not simple bugs fixed with a quick online search. You’ll be challenged, and your technical skills will be sharpened. We are looking for new developers eager to build on their years of technical experience to contribute to our culture of cutting edge excellence.
Total compensation: $30,000/year
Location: Global (remote)
40 hours per week
Required Education and Experience:
If you want to work with the best, you have to be the best. A successful Java Engineer at Crossover will demonstrate the following qualifications:
The Type of Java Engineers We’re Looking For:
- A ruthless commitment to testing the code you’ve written
- Extensive problem solving skills
- An ability to communicate clearly regarding complex issues (in English)
- Proficiency in the following technologies and skills is mandatory:
- Java EE (Web Services, REST, JPA)
- Databases (SQL server, Oracle, MySQL)
- ANT, Eclipse, and Subversion SVN
- Linux (from the command line via SSH)
- What to set yourself apart? Proficiency in the following technologies will make you an especially attractive candidate: Spring, NHibernate, Design patterns, noSQL
Crossover values a culture of excellence. We need engineers who are not only technically proficient, but also demonstrate the following qualities:
- A willingness to embrace the concept of iterative development as the means for building seamless products
- A Readiness to give all the effort necessary to do an excellent job - even if it means putting in extra time to research the problem you’re facing
- Perfectionism: knowing how a job should be done and not stopping until it’s done correctly
We’re one of the few legitimate companies offering high-paying jobs that are 100% remote, work from home. You never have to fight traffic to the office again and you have the freedom to choose when and where you put in your 40 hours to be most effective each week.
However, it is important to note that while you will work as a "contractor," these are long-term contracts that should be your only source of employment. You are not permitted to work additional jobs on the side. Please do not apply unless you are available to make this position your sole employment.
To qualify, you will undergo a competitive tournament-style test that will separate rockstar Engineers from the crowd. Every Saturday, we will run a tournament and rank you against hundreds of your peers. You will have from Saturday 00:00AM UTC to 23:59PM UTC to complete your testing - testing requires 3-5 hours to complete. We will then notify you if you have passed to the final round of interviews.
To begin, please provide a resume/CV demonstrating the required experience and skills. Then, create your applicant account and come back on Saturday to complete your testing. There will be a series of online examinations and a final interview. We realize these are challenging and can require a decent amount of time so we thank you in advance for your efforts.